COD MW3 - Hosting Match & NAT problems

Soldato
Hi All,

Just spent about an hour and a half trying to play online with a mate, but have been unable to connect to his hosted session and vice versa.

Looking online at solutions and changing firewall settings, setting up port forwarding and a DMZ didn't seem to work, however doing something really simple did... In MW3 multiplayer it says, NAT type restricted, however, looking at the PS network settings it says NAT Type 2 which is open.

To fix it, all I did was insert MW2, went to multiplayer and it says open!! - hit eject on the PS3, inserted MW3, loaded it up, went to multiplayer and hey presto it now says open rather than restricted.

I even switched off the PS3 and on again, loaded the game up again and it still says open. Brilliant.

How rubbish is that? Such a popular game (personally think it's overrated) and they can't get something as simple as being able to play a private game with yours friends right.

Madness.

Soldato
OP
This has worked for me now and three occasions, however, today I've tried it five times and it doesn't work!

My NAT type has always been '2', MW2 always, says NAT Type: Open, but MW3 won't budge and says, 'Strict'.

Anyone else here had the same problem and managed to fix it another way?

Soldato
Remove all port forwarding for the PS3 from the router (if you put the PS3 inside the DMZ and still have port forwarding on for specific PS3 ports to any ip this still sometimes interferes with the ip inside the DMZ) assign a dedicated ip address (outside the DHCP) to the PS3 then add the PS3 to the DMZ.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I have a BTHomeHub2 and it says "Hosts with statically assigned IP addresses cannot be placed into DMZ mode."

When it was working, I didn't have any ports forwarded or have the DMZ setup. Everything was set to the default settings.

My mate, has NAT type 2 also, but in multiplayer his says Nat moderate, yet in MW2 it says open.

Back
Top Bottom