COD2 - 'The Tiger' lever

Soldato
Im on the last objective on this level. Its the German HQ which is marked as E on the map.

Ive tried loads and whatever happens the room seems to have a million men, sometimes i make it to the top floor but get killed by a man watching the stairs. Ive killed 4 people who have come down only to get killed by 2 more up there, despoite reading that there are only 4 people upstairs.

Ive put in about 3hours in total on this bit now and it's doing my head in, normally i like the challenge of veteran but clearing out houses is never fun, as soon as you see an enemy he turns and shoots you, even with his back to you.

Can anyone remember this bit, and have any tips, Im trying to get this finished before World at War. I have completed both 3 and 4 on veteran.

Thanks

Source : Game FAQs
Once it is clear, it's time to move onto the Field HQ.
Head towards objective E. This is the toughest part of the mission, because
there are literally 120 Germans inside the Field HQ. Anyhow, move towards E and
take out any resistance you encounter in the minor building. You'll be close to
E when you see a turned wagon, along with a plethora of German troops. Take
this next part slow, as you have to be careful, conservative on ammo, and
reloading when the coast is clear. Take out the squad of Germans by the wagon
as they'll be a fair threat to your men. Turn right, and look along the right
bush wall. Watch for 2 crouched Germans, or men who running to that position.
There may also be a German inside the mini-hollowed building. Clear what you
can, and move along the right bush wall. You should see an inlet on the left
that supposedly leads to the Field HQ. Don't run through here. Throw a smoke
grenade by the wooden fence right by the Field HQ. Once the smoke is thick,
move in along the right side with support from your allies.

- Cover the back door where the Germans start to poor out. Use the MP40 or MP44
to deal with the continuous threats, and gun down the men hiding behind the
wooden link fence. Watch for Germans to flank fire on you from the far right
away from the Field HQ. Move into the Field HQ via one of the back doors. There
will be about 12 men on the ground floor that keep turning corners. Only reload
after you nailed a bunch of them, and feel free to prone or crouch when
necessary. Move to the stairs, and toss 2 grenades up to flush out the Germans
by the windows. Rush to the top, and finish off the remaining Germans. Once
it's cleared, your mission is complete.

Soldato
Let me guess? This is the 'Post Office' level, where you're on the ground floor of a house and need to flush out the evils on the upper floor? Good luck because that bit took me an entire week :p

The baddies will respawn so there obviously isn't any point in hoping they won't. When I was on that level I was well out of smoke grens and had a seriously hard time doing it...

Soldato
Let me guess? This is the 'Post Office' level, where you're on the ground floor of a house and need to flush out the evils on the upper floor? Good luck because that bit took me an entire week :p

The baddies will respawn so there obviously isn't any point in hoping they won't. When I was on that level I was well out of smoke grens and had a seriously hard time doing it...

Yeah its a pain, Ive just breezed through 4 levels of veteran on COD4 too, I did the ferri wheels level in about 10minutes yet I cant do this bit. I hate clearing houses, houses with about 100 people in too

Edit - oops im on my brothers profile/laptop

Soldato
I've been unable to post here for a week but saw this thread and was bursting to reply! :p This bit for me was difficult and took many many many attempts.

Is this the big building that looks like the city hall inside? I seem to remember basically smoking the inside and slowly ducking my head around and killing the guys one by one, slowly emptying the room out then heading upstairs - yes there are ALOT of guys but I don't think they respawn inside, there are just tonnes of them.

That was easily one of the toughest bits in the game for me and one of the most annoying!

Last edited:
Soldato
Sniping the mortar teams wasn't too bad. Although Im quite handy with sniping, I'll give it another go tomorrow after the GP I think.

Attrition!

Caporegime
Geez just started playing this on vet. As bloody annoying as 4 for damn trigger points. I had hoped that was something different to this game.

Trying to clear the station.

Soldato
I found a few places in the game where I just ran past loads of enemys using smoke and triggered the checkpoint.

I'm still stuck on the same bit

Caporegime
I hate the fact like 4 you can quickly run in and out of doorways to trigger stuff. Also I died at the top of the station and every time I re-checkpoint in two guys are gunning me.

Its ok though and nice to see how much the 360 has progressed since this game.

I'm not planning on playing this through in a few sittings I would find it too frustrating. I will play a bit at a time when I fancy it.

Soldato
I found cod 2 the easiest of the lot on veteran :confused:

Just gotta take it slow so you don't need to revert to a checkpoint really :p

There are bits that are a right bitch, generally it is easier than 4 but the harder bits are impossible.

Plus its not as 'crisp' with hit recognition as 4.

Soldato
Awwww mate, I feel your pain....

This was the level that took me the longest throughout the whole game!

Just keep going for it and in the end you will beat it! :D

Associate
i need to know something:

If i was to reach a objective but between the objective there were germans, would they eventually all die or just keep coming?

Soldato
A mixture of both, depending on the levels. On vet mode baddies to respawn constantly but it depends on the chokepoint in question.

They don't respawn all the time - only on big battles etc. say if I have to clear out a bunker, they wont just keep respawning till I go in and force the checkpoint or whatever.

Caporegime
Level 3 what a laugh. You have to kill a panzer in a square. If you go to one end of the square it runs away to the other side. I ended up chasing a panzer around it circles. Panzer flees from soldier with single shot rifle!

Took me ages to bloody get the thing and then it checkpoints me right in the middle of a spawned in trigger of enemies. That took about 30 goes to work out a way to kill them before me. Mostly luck.

Soldato
Level 3 what a laugh. You have to kill a panzer in a square. If you go to one end of the square it runs away to the other side. I ended up chasing a panzer around it circles. Panzer flees from soldier with single shot rifle!

Took me ages to bloody get the thing and then it checkpoints me right in the middle of a spawned in trigger of enemies. That took about 30 goes to work out a way to kill them before me. Mostly luck.

Omg I forgot that bit took me literally forever to do - really stupid part of the game

Soldato
I can't remember having an issue on this level (It was a long time ago though - this is the level when your sherman is deystroyed by the tiger at the beginning yes?).

Now Hill 400 on the other hand....

Caporegime
Comrade sniper, has taken me an age to clear out the building floors top and bottom. Checkpoints in a couple of places.

Have a few goes at the waves of soldiers that attack the building.

Game locks up.

Reload, back to the start of the level grrrrrrrrrrrrr

How the hell do you defend that building anyway, I had them coming up the stairs in the first wave and it's difficult to know when to stop sniping and when to cover the stairs.