Code 61 NVRAM Initializing

Associate
HI
I am building a desk PC with mostly new parts, some from OC.
When installing win10 from usb (used on another PC that is now defunct) i can adjust bios, choose which version of win then i get 2 loading task bars then it hangs with Auros logo and code 61 NVRAM Initializing.
It has
i9
Gig Aorus Master
Corsair Veng 32gb 3000htz
XSPC liquid cooling
1k watt Corsair PSU
Lots of other expensive stuff
Any one know how to diagnose or whether the mobo if knackered.
This is a large desk so i really cant take it to pc world so any help appreciated as its so far been an expensive build.
Thanks

Soldato
Could try a different usb maybe, is it a freshly downloaded win 10 copy?

Nvram is bios ram so maybe it's corrupted somehow have you tried a hard bios reset?

If still no go you could try flashing the bios.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Its a shop bought copy from pc world 5 years ago. been used on a pc which no longer exists, i paid retail price for it.
Hard bios reset is to press the reset button on the back panel of the board. Yes?

Soldato
You can download win 10 latest version from Microsoft for free then I'm guessing just use the key code you have from your retail version to activate.

Try removing the cmos battery for minute as this should make sure it's fully reset.

Associate
OP
Reset and battery remove did not work.

Lokks like i reflash bios, im a bit worried about this as i have removed the board from desk so cpu has no cooling. it reads a 50 60 degs on bios page and seem to get hotter and hotter. how far can i let it heat up before i fry it??

Associate
OP
Reflashed Bios to f10 and bingo, win10 installed with my previously used win10 usb.
Its not been online yet so i suppose when i do that i will know if i can easily reuse the lic code

Back
Top Bottom