Coding tutorials - looking for suggestions (please)

Soldato
I used to code PHP/SQL on a hobby basis a few years ago and I've fancied picking something up again on a hobby basis. I'd like to learn something useful (not necessarily PHP) and would be grateful if anyone had any suggestions for tutorials that were aimed at begginers through to advanced.

I'm happy to use Linux if there's better free software options there.

TIA. :)

Soldato
OP
The Android stuff isn't really appealing to me.

I've had a look at Python and it feels familiar - if anyone has any suggestions of decent tutorials that could walk me through some "fun" projects, I'd be grateful. :)

Soldato
if you want to do an Android app, use Visual Studio + MAUI (c#).
Start a project, then break it down into things you want it to have. Then learn how to do each thing on the list. by the time its done you will have learned a lot.

Soldato
Is there some beginner tutorials for a starter?
If you use .net MAUI, you should get the free devexpress controls, they are free at this time, you need to fill stuff in to get them but they will cost a lot when the free offer is over.

Associate
The Android stuff isn't really appealing to me.

I've had a look at Python and it feels familiar - if anyone has any suggestions of decent tutorials that could walk me through some "fun" projects, I'd be grateful. :)

Udemy currently has Python £60 courses for £14, recommended starter courses "2022 Complete Python Bootcamp From Zero to Hero in Python" and "The Python Mega Course: Build 10 Real World Applications"

Soldato
OP
I've now got them bookmarked, cheers.

I had a couple of questions and wasn't sure whether a separate thread was necessary, so might as well ask in here initially..

I'm looking to set up constants and global variables in a dedicated script that I can include by importing into the main script, but everything seems to be local?

Example: I have a separate language module that stores everything that will be printed to screen, and all the phrases are stored in a single array. I have then imported the module within the main script. The array is recognised when referenced within the main script, but it isn't recognised in other scripts that I import e.g. my functions module. It looks like dependencies need to be called in every script? That doesn't seem very efficient or semantic for coding?

Back
Top Bottom