Coffee bags?

Soldato
Anyone tried them? I'm not particularly a coffee connoisseur but wonder if they might be useful when camping.
I'm hoping they would be a step up from instant.

Soldato
I use them, I got the Taylor's one and do find them a step up from instant. Whether they are worth the premium is probably harder to say.
One thing is you have to brew then a lot longer than tea, I do them for a couple of minutes while stirring and squeezing the bag.

Soldato
OP
I use them, I got the Taylor's one and do find them a step up from instant. Whether they are worth the premium is probably harder to say.
One thing is you have to brew then a lot longer than tea, I do them for a couple of minutes while stirring and squeezing the bag.
Ah I was hoping someone would say that, I'd just ordered some Taylors from amazon. 30 bags for £6 seems ok.

Soldato
I tried one recently and it won't change me from using a single cafetiere at work but yeah may be useful on the move. Would have to be for convenience though at twice the price compared to a bag of ground coffee.

Man of Honour
They're really good in my experience, as above have had them in hotels and it seemed just the same as cafetiere to me but I've never bothered getting them for home as instant is too convenient/cheap. I echo the above, you definitely do have to let them sit for a while just like you would with a cafetiere. I suppose I'm a bit of a coffee philistine and just use instant pretty much all the time, so my opinion on this might be irrelevant :p

Soldato
I've tried one once, had complementary bags in a Scottish hotel room. Quite a bit of coffee came out of the bag somehow, made for a fairly unpleasant experience.

Soldato
I liked them better than instant but pour-over ground filter coffee tastes even better and just as easy to make IMO if you use a coffee dripper with filter paper.

Soldato
a cafetiere takes about 4-5 minutes so I would expect similar from a coffee bag too

Soldato
Haven't drunk coffee for years then wife bought some Taylors No4 coffee bags - To me they did smell nice so tried one -Now have one cup in the evening with ginger biscuit and one square of Lindt mint chocolate.:)

Back
Top Bottom