Cola

Man of Honour
Why is Pepsi Max so darn good? I think they changed the formula perhaps a year or so ago and having previously been a hater I now have to concede it is truly awesome. Unlike Diet Coke, it actually has a pleasant taste. Yet unlike Coca Cola, it doesn’t feel like it’s melting your teeth and doesn’t have a grossly sweet aftertaste. Yum.

Just a thread telling you to give the Pepsi max a go really.

What’s your favourite? Any hipster colas to try?

Man of Honour

Bro, do you even Cola? Comparing Diet Coke with Pepsi Max is not as like:like as you make out.

It's like this...

Coke - Pepsi
Diet Coke - Diet Pepsi
Coke Zero - Pepsi Max

Pepsi Max and Coke Zero are attempts at using modern flavourings and sweeteners to make their zero calorie drinks taste as close as possible to their non-diet varieties. Pepsi Max vs Diet Coke isn't a fair fight.

Yes I argue with people on the Internet about fizzy drinks. Come at me.

Man of Honour
OP
Bro, do you even Cola? Comparing Diet Coke with Pepsi Max is not as like:like as you make out.

It's like this...

Coke - Pepsi
Diet Coke - Diet Pepsi
Coke Zero - Pepsi Max

Pepsi Max and Coke Zero are attempts at using modern flavourings and sweeteners to make their zero calorie drinks taste as close as possible to their non-diet varieties. Pepsi Max vs Diet Coke isn't a fair fight.

Yes I argue with people on the Internet about fizzy drinks. Come at me.
Bro! I know but I was just comparing it was the tastes people are familiar with :)

Man of Honour
OP
I agree on the whole, Pepsi Max is the superior cola. How do you feel about Coke Zero? I don't think it's anywhere near as good as Pepsi Max.
Weirdly Coke Zero just tastes... artificial :/

The difference between Pepsi and Pepsi Max just seems to be the aftertaste. I love the fact the sweetness dissipates with the max - no sickly sweet feeling. Just finished an ice cold can - ahhhh :D

Soldato
I wouldn't put Aspartame in my system, no matter the brand, Max or Diet or Light

Time to remove that shiny hat.

Aspartame is one of the most tested substances on this planet.

Back on topic, i haven't noticed a change in the recipe for Pepsi Max. I much prefer Pepsi Max over any offerings from coca-cola, i'll still happily drink anything from coca-cola, but preference would be to Pepsi Max.

From coca-colas perspective, i wouldn't touch diet coke even if it was the only thing on the menu, would prefer coke zero over normal coke though due to sugar quantities.

Back
Top Bottom