Cold

Soldato
Any Cold fans in here ?

Just found my copy of their first album after going without it for a couple of years, and i'd forgotten just how damn good it was, i used to ******* love Cold, saw them live ages ago supporting soulfly with Limp Bizkit and they were stunning and put limp bizkit to shame (and this was when LB were actually good, can't have been long before significant other was released)

Must admit Cold did seem to go a bit cack after 13 ways to bleed on stage, but year of the spider wasn't that crap and their most recent one was a bit *****.

Their first album however was/is awesome, just wondering if anyone else on here liked Cold.

I've haven't got their first, but I've got Year Of the Spider and their latest, and they are one of those bands I'd imagine most people would be like "They're so crap, generic rock blah blah blah" but I don't know, something about them I really like :)

I'm a big fan and I like both the albums I have.

Carzy said:
I've haven't got their first, but I've got Year Of the Spider and their latest, and they are one of those bands I'd imagine most people would be like "They're so crap, generic rock blah blah blah" but I don't know, something about them I really like :)

I'm a big fan and I like both the albums I have.

For me at least their first album in particular is a huge amount better than Year of the Spider and their most recent, and 13 ways to bleed is again IMO better than the last two. Problem is the first one is a git to get hold of as it's been deleted, but 13 ways to bleed is still about i think.

Agree about the something about them, even though i don't think the two more recent ones compare to their first two there is still something about them, it is generic rock but there is something about both the tuning of the guitars and scooter wards distorted voice that makes it sound good.

Oh and tey once got me in trouble at school, as i was really bored in maths in like year 8 and decided to write the lyrics to 'goodbye cruel world' in the back of my exercise book, i think my teacher thought i was a bit wierd at this point :D

Last edited:
I've only ever heard Bleed I think, which is absolutely fantastic and I cant think why I haven't ever bothered to follow them up. So based on that, which album am I best off looking towards?

Gilly said:
Never heard of them then. Got any links?

Official site is www.coldonline.com

link to a video of their most recent album is

http://wm.atlrec.com/cold/videos/happensallthetime_450.wmv

Not entirely sure you'll like it but you never know.

Edit nimziki (sp?) personally i'd say their debut 'cold' but as you won't find it in any normal record shops as it's been deleted, Year of the spider is ok, and their most recent i think it's called 'diffrerent kind of pain' which at first i thought was utter garbage but it has grown on me a lot still need to buy it.

Oh and i've just decided i had an uncontrollable urge to listen to 13 ways to bleed so i've just bought it of itunes, if you are using itunes you can get their first album :D

Last edited:
Nimzicki said:
I've only ever heard Bleed I think, which is absolutely fantastic and I cant think why I haven't ever bothered to follow them up. So based on that, which album am I best off looking towards?

From my limited knowledge of their work I'd say Year Of The Spider but I'm guessing Spud21 will say one of the two earlier ones.

I've only heard whatever you became and stupid girl. Must say I do like both of them, and its probably another album that I should invest in.

As for writing lyrics like that in your books at school :eek: :p

-Mike- said:
I've only heard whatever you became and stupid girl. Must say I do like both of them, and its probably another album that I should invest in.

As for writing lyrics like that in your books at school :eek: :p

Na what really makes the teachers think your screwed up is when your even more bored and start writing Korn Lyrics.

And their first album is indeed available on Itunes.

First album was the nutz. The others were OK, good live though, guitarist is a loon who pogo's around the stage bumping into other band members :p.

Cold eh? Now there's a blast from the past. Was never a huge fan but an ex of mine used to love them. Just listening to the stuff on MySpace, 1997 doesn't sound that long ago for the album pictured but 9 years have passed since its release! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom