Color settings for LG 34GN850-B

Associate
Hello all!
I just got a LG 34GN850-B. This is my first ultra-wide. I upgraded from a VA panel that had only 60hz and 27"

I came across this site while trying to find settings for the best picture I can get.
I am trying to avoid having to buy a monitor calibrator but if all else fails I might just do that.

I only have a 970gtx (waiting for 3000 series to come out)

I downloaded the LG OnScreen Control for using split screen but it also gives access the settings. On Monitor Settings:
Picture Mode - Gamer 1
Brightness 90
Contrast 70
Sharpness 50

Click on Color Adjust
Gamma - Mode 1
Color Temp - Warm
Red 50
Green 50
Blue 50

Click on Game Mode Settings
Response Time - Normal
Adaptive Sync (Free-sync / G-Sync Compatible) On (Although I cant use because my GPU doesn't support it)
Black Stabilizer 50

If anyone has calibrated this monitor or knows what I can do to get best picture I would appreciate the information.

It seems sometimes the black characters such as text sometimes will have a blueish glow. This seemed to get better though once I turned the brightness up to 90 from 50.

Also in NVIDIA control panel I have selected to Use NVIDIA color settings.
Desktop color depth : Highest 32bit Output color depth 8 bpc
Output color format: YCbCr422 Output dynamic range Limited

Resolution is 3440 x 1440 (native)
Refresh rate 144Hz

Thanks all!

Associate
I think you can rent calibrators if that is a route you wanna go.
Also there might be general variations across panels, as well as how the monitor is set up - background lighting etc so what works for someone else might not work for you in terms of calibration settings. In general if you are not doing serious colour work you could just tinker settings until you find what works for you.

Associate
Hi mate... change pixel settings to ycbcr444. Full range not limited and you will get you blacks back... what you are seeing is chroma on text from not having full colour info... you can leave 8bit on or change it to 10 if you can/like. Keep full range and 444 at all costs though.

Back
Top Bottom