Colourful Display

Associate
Evening all, sorry for posting in here but I'm not sure if this is monitor, graphics card or mobo related so playing it say by coming here

Until recently my PC would shut off fine, monitor would go into standby as expected etc. but its now started to alternate bright colours on the display once the PC is turned off. Same when I turn the PC on, when I'm in the boot up sequence (not bios prompt screen, windows boot screen or window logon) - it'll do the same

Nothing has changed set up wise; whats causing this?

Associate
OP
Sorry I should get that in my signature really; its

Asus PRIME X470-PRO Mobo
AMD Ryzen7 2700X
Team Group Dark Pro "8Pack Edition" 32GB DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz
Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 Mini 6144MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Kingston 120GB SSDNow V300 Drive SATA 6Gb/s 3 2.5" (7mm height) Solid State Hard Drive
TeamGroup 1TB L5 Lite SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps 3D NAND Solid State Drive
Corsair Carbide 400C Case
550W Corsair VS550 PSU
Win10 Home 64
Dell S2417DG 23.8-inch LED Widescreen via DP connection

Majority of the build (case, mobo, CPU, memory and monitor) are 3-4 months old. Graphics card and PSU are about 14 months old

I've had no changes to hardware or OS over the last few days but the flashing colours have recently started. No issues when in the OS and everything performs as I'd expect

Soldato
Sorry I should get that in my signature really; its

Asus PRIME X470-PRO Mobo
AMD Ryzen7 2700X
Team Group Dark Pro "8Pack Edition" 32GB DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz
Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 Mini 6144MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Kingston 120GB SSDNow V300 Drive SATA 6Gb/s 3 2.5" (7mm height) Solid State Hard Drive
TeamGroup 1TB L5 Lite SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps 3D NAND Solid State Drive
Corsair Carbide 400C Case
550W Corsair VS550 PSU
Win10 Home 64
Dell S2417DG 23.8-inch LED Widescreen via DP connection

Majority of the build (case, mobo, CPU, memory and monitor) are 3-4 months old. Graphics card and PSU are about 14 months old

I've had no changes to hardware or OS over the last few days but the flashing colours have recently started. No issues when in the OS and everything performs as I'd expect

I recently had an issue too and other my Ryzen setup, everything was new except the monitor and an Asus 1070 GPU, also connected by DP, I could see the bios and windows boot logo but as soon as I was inside windows, everything was dark, I tried all the difficult things first, stupid mistake, it was just the DP cable which is why I said try that first, mine showed no physical signs of being faulty.

Associate
OP
Just been doing some googling whilst at work and may potentially be a hardware fault with the monitor - bit frustrating as its sounds common with burn in mode starting when in standby or sleep mode

Will test a different cable or input later just incase but otherwise will need to arrange a RMA with Dell or if I can do an upgrade with them

Soldato
Just been doing some googling whilst at work and may potentially be a hardware fault with the monitor - bit frustrating as its sounds common with burn in mode starting when in standby or sleep mode

Will test a different cable or input later just incase but otherwise will need to arrange a RMA with Dell or if I can do an upgrade with them

Came here to say this - sounds like burn-in mode. Alternating red, green, blue, white and black?

No idea how it's doing it without input though. I got a TV into burn-in mode through the service menu once and it wouldn't stop even after a power cycle. Luckily I had the firmware available to reflash it.

Back
Top Bottom