combi and cold water pressure

Soldato
I'm getting a combi fitted and I would like the cold supply not to be mega high pressure, mainly for safety if the toilet ball **** sticks and if it fills so fast outflow will not be able to cope with the difference. Also with pipes not sure how the welds are, so don't need the toilet to refill in five seconds flat.

What is best and where should this device go? Just after then incoming shut off for the house supply? Theres pressure reducing and gate valve or something

Soldato
OP
Combi isn't fitted yet, it's a older style toilet with overflow to outside, not to cistern.

Also older pipes not sure if they can take mains pressure.

Also turning down isolator is not a good idea

Soldato
OP
If you reduce the mains supply flow the performance of your combi showers and baths will be reduced.

God knows why you'd want to do this. None of your reasons make sense really.

Yeah understand flow rate will be decreased just thinking prevention, as I came home and cold tank was overfilling so want to prevent things like that, if cold supply after boiler is reduced I mean do you need full pressure for cold around the home? No. Whatever traditional boiler pressure for cold (cold tank) is enough, combi cold pressure is over the top.

Soldato
OP
I don't have a thermostatic shower it's electric, with single pipe from airing cupboard to the shower.

And I dont give a hoot if morons here think it's bizarre it's my house not yours, but I guess you live in rented hovells so what do you care. if I can reduce chance flooding I will. So bugger off.

Back
Top Bottom