Combi boiler - warm water

Soldato
We have a Potterton 28i, we moved in the flat in November. We had issue with hot water slowly not getting hot anymore so we had a plumber round who change a seal which had torn. Then a month or so later, our towel rail in the bathroom wasn't getting warm anymore. Did some research and turned off all other radiators in the flat and kept the towel rail on, it then went back to being hot for a few days. That then suddenly stopped again, and as the days have gone on, our shower temperature has been hit and miss, then yesterday it was warm then freezing. Our gauge pressure is fine, but then I had a thought yesterday to turn the radiators back on a little bit, and that seems to have cured the issue, if anything the water is too hot now! Slightly confused as to why this would be! The towel rail has gone back to being cold however, any ideas before I get a plumber round (the boiler could do with a service anyways).

Soldato
Symptoms sound a little odd. Intermittent HW is most likely the diverter valve or the plate heat exchanger being blocked, but these wouldn't affect the heating.

From your description it could be the pump failing, that would affect both.

Back
Top Bottom