** COME ON COHAGEN, GIVE THESE PEOPLE AIR - LIAN-LI PC-O11 AIR TO BE EXACT **

Soldato
Considering this is firmly aimed at water-cooling or AIO, I don't see the problem. Sticking an air cooler in this to me is a little like sticking a 1.2 engine in a Porsche.

Only it's not... well, not according to Lian Li or DeBauer. Their product page mostly talks about air cooling potential (it mentions rads though), and virtually all the official pictures there of the case show air cooled builds, save for one of an AIO. I agree that this case would look better with water cooling (many cases do though), and it's a great case for that purpose, but it clearly isn't "firmly aimed at water-cooling". They have other cases which have been marketed far more heavily towards water-cooling enthusiasts. Besides, at this price point and with a steel/plastic construction, it's hardly the 'Porsche' of watercooling cases.

Most importantly though, based on the GN review, it is actually a great case under just air. He's only using a mid-range Core Frozr and with that front filter removed gets chart topping results! It's just a shame top end air coolers can't be used as it would perform even better then. What's more, they're losing countless sales to people who already own NH-D15 or Dark Rock coolers, who are hardly going to get rid of those and buy a mid-range one just for this case.

Soldato
We'll pretend it doesn't have room for 4 x 360mm radiators and 12 x 120mm fans then and lambast the perceived lack of air cooler height then. Boo hoo.

Have to say for a representative of OCUK that's not a very professional way to deal with customers. The description as optimised for air is misleading at best. It would be reasonable to assume that the best air coolers would fit inside a case "optimised for air cooling".

OcUK Staff
OP
Feel free to send your feedback to Lian Li, I'm not sure why people thought the air cooler height would be any different in a case with the exact same interior chassis as the Dynamic. I'm just pointing out the fact that you'd still be better looking at watercooling with this case due to the amount of radiator support it offers if you want some really tasty temperatures. Of course, you could just bung a load of fans in it instead. Personally prefer the Dynamic anyway, looks better for a start.

OcUK Staff
OP
Only it's not... well, not according to Lian Li or DeBauer. Their product page mostly talks about air cooling potential (it mentions rads though), and virtually all the official pictures there of the case show air cooled builds, save for one of an AIO. I agree that this case would look better with water cooling (many cases do though), and it's a great case for that purpose, but it clearly isn't "firmly aimed at water-cooling". They have other cases which have been marketed far more heavily towards water-cooling enthusiasts. Besides, at this price point and with a steel/plastic construction, it's hardly the 'Porsche' of watercooling cases.

Most importantly though, based on the GN review, it is actually a great case under just air. He's only using a mid-range Core Frozr and with that front filter removed gets chart topping results! It's just a shame top end air coolers can't be used as it would perform even better then. What's more, they're losing countless sales to people who already own NH-D15 or Dark Rock coolers, who are hardly going to get rid of those and buy a mid-range one just for this case.

For a start, it's called the air because they've whacked a pair of vented top and front panels on it. Of course they are going to show off the air cooling potential to please the rabid horde of people who moan about airflow on every single case with solid front panels on.

Crucially though, the interior chassis remains exactly the same as the Dynamic with the addition of some fans. For me, I'd consider it a waste of potential not to use all that radiator space and stick just an air cooler in there, but ultimately that's my opinion and you are free to do whatever the hell you want with it. :) If nothing else, it does seem a shame that it won't support the coolers you mention, but I guess you can't have everything!

OcUK Staff
OP
I had a re-think and decided to not get this case. I want to go air for once and ditch my water cooling. While I like this case, at this point and time it’s not for me. Think I’m going to stick with my meshify c and get a really good air cooler.

So which is the next case you're going to ask me about every week till it's released and not buy? :D

Soldato
It does look liked this would work nicely with a couple of 360mm AIO in it. Would be a nice option and cheaper and easier than full water for those that aren't that hardcore, myself included.

I like the look of the Evolv X, albeit more expensive, but if not I'd definitely consider this or the Dynamic.

Soldato
SOLVES THE WHOLE AIR ISSUE

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £212.43 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

9 fans, 6 intake from front and bottom and exhaust via the top - went extreme another 3 on the side . Max static pressure and the amount of airflow will aid an air cooler .
Top down cooler really need some love and greater look at , specially with VRM and increased core count, recommend not touch current X399 VRM's on boards with a TR2 32 core installed .....

wonder if enought air flow to use a raijintek GPU heatsink without fans directly attached :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Lian-Li have decided to reduce our cost slightly in order for us to meet similar pricepoints to the Dynamic. Should you have preordered already, please get in touch to get your refund.

Soldato
So basically it offer no real advantage over the Dynamic on air-cooling (well, 1C...), has a cheaper looking plastic front replaced the temper glass front, and with the option getting the adaptor for vertical graphic card mounting removed, and the only the benefit of the option to mount another rad at the front together with the option to add two 80mm fans for rear-exhaust?

That front dust filter practically highhandedly ruined the air-cooling capability of the case.

Was initially tempted to get this over the Dynamic, but now not too sure; if the air struggle to come through the front, might as well go for Dynamic with tempered glass front and look pretty (and rely on side and bottom as intake), as the chances are the cooling performance between the Dynamic's 3 bottom intake, 3 side intake and 3 top exhaust probably won't be any worse than the Air with the same setup but with 3 extra fans at the front as intake.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom