comments on my design please

Soldato
OP
just want thoughts on the layout,colours, if it looks ok in different browsers and resolutions, think the banner could do with improving on the blending if anyone can help.

Caporegime
Using IE7 here and it looks ok.

Just my 2p's worth though, the buttons do seem a bit amateurish, I can't put my finger on why they just do. :o

The second thing is I think you should stick a footer at the bottom of the page. At the moment with the main area just going ooonn it looks like the site hasn't finished loading, or it has crashed.

Suspended
colours aren't vibrant enough for the kind of site i (think) you're going for, your gif needs optimising and if you open it in a narrow window and side-scroll it screws up - stick with it...

Associate
Sinque said:
I've seen that template before. And as the files are all in site_templates folder or something I guess that's where its from. If not then no offence.

It's a bit bland.

Thought exactly the same.

It's hard to tell if it will work as there is nothing in there - agree with the comment that at the moment it looks half loaded

quick glance and first thing i see that looks odd to use (imo) is this

Code:
  background: #F7F7F6 url(http://www.hitsinglesuk.com/image/backgroundimage.gif ) repeat-y 50% 0;
   background-attachment: fixed;

get rid of the 50% and 0 thing, and also background attachment fixed. see if that helps. almost certain it would

yeah just edited your code and that is the problem. your telling the background to change size according to how big the page is. you need to seperate that image and put the bits as background for where they should be, for instacne, where the nav bar is there is a darker green, the nav bar could go in a container and have thats background as the darker green.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Too much colour information for a GIF.

File > Save to Web > Jpeg > Adjust for a balance between quality and filesize.

The colours are very very boring if you're going for a site about hit singles, music, pop music, madonna etc. Needs to be more vibrant. Don't be scared to try bright colours and dark text.

Soldato
OP
could someone help me arrange my contents and footer, i want to arrange everything with % instead of px so it centres in all resolutions.

Soldato
IE6 and FF 1.5 are broken, i'm pretty sure the floats are off. :)

If I'm thinking hit singles, I'm thinking colour, vibrancy and all those connotations, this is a bit pale and bland, I think to take it away from the template side of things, bring some life into it and don't follow natural lines, I know that sounds ridiculous for a website but a plain square box isn't going to push anyones buttons. :)

Back
Top Bottom