Soldato
My IP is reported the same as my router. I'm not using the Linksys Velop though.

Set up a TBB monitoring graph if you want to monitor the latency. I noticed CF have upgraded the infrastructure as the graph I have is way more stable since an outage this week.

Soldato
My install happened today. Pretty much nothing to report.

External fibre from the pole to house. Small hole in the wall to let it in, that went into a faceplate looking thing. Then another fibre cable that has green tips, one end connected to the fibre faceplate and the other into the ont. Router is a Linksys Velop.

No issues. Speedtest shows 520/520, so a little above the 500/500 package. Wifi on my phone gets about 300/300. Ping is slight lower, but was fine one Sky as well. Sky got 5ms to bbc, community fibre gets 2ms.

No idea how to check if CGnat or not. Only says to check your ip vs routers "wan" ip, but I've gone blind and can't find it in the velop interface.
It's hard to detect CGNAT unless you're port forwarding something and finding issues with it. For the average user it's no problem, and there may be the odd multiplayer game that would have issues, but most modern games should be fine.

I'm noticing Community Fibre actually has planned works around late August around my area, so here's hoping I can move to full fibre within the next two years.

Soldato
Damm. How long is this offer on for?.
At the bottom of the page it says ends 3rd August at 11:59PM.

Do what I did, sign up and choose an install date in the future. As the date nears keep kicking it back. I think I signed up in Jan this year and got my install done in May because they wanted to get it out of the way and offered me a free month to take an install sooner.

nam

nam

Soldato

Do what I did, sign up and choose an install date in the future. As the date nears keep kicking it back. I think I signed up in Jan this year and got my install done in May because they wanted to get it out of the way and offered me a free month to take an install sooner.

I signed up on 17th Jul for £27 for 500mb at 24mths with a Install due on 11th August. So should I be able to switch to the new offer of 1gb for £25 over 24 mths ?

Soldato
I signed up on 17th Jul for £27 for 500mb at 24mths with a Install due on 11th August. So should I be able to switch to the new offer of 1gb for £25 over 24 mths ?
You could do. I think I also cancelled before my install and after the 14 day cooling off period. The funny thing is they state the cooling period starts the day after you order and lasts for 14 days, and after that you can't cancel. However if they haven't supplied your services yet, I don't get how they can enforce that cooling off period.

Don't forget to get a referal code as well for a £100 Amazon voucher. I just got my voucher after my sister signed up and had her install in May. Even if you don't use it, at least you can try and sell it to reduce your contract cost.

Reactions: R3X

nam

nam

Soldato
You could do. I think I also cancelled before my install and after the 14 day cooling off period. The funny thing is they state the cooling period starts the day after you order and lasts for 14 days, and after that you can't cancel. However if they haven't supplied your services yet, I don't get how they can enforce that cooling off period.

Don't forget to get a referal code as well for a £100 Amazon voucher. I just got my voucher after my sister signed up and had her install in May. Even if you don't use it, at least you can try and sell it to reduce your contract cost.
thank you , where do I get a referral code from ?

nam

nam

Soldato
what a load of crap , called CS today asked to switch to the 1GB from my 500mb said they can't do it and i am over the 14 days. Then went through to Cancellations who said there team would call me in next 3 days to cancel. So i asked they cancel my install date for the 11th as i won't make that date. Not a good start. Don't know if i will sign up based on the service received today. Very poor first response

Soldato
what a load of crap , called CS today asked to switch to the 1GB from my 500mb said they can't do it and i am over the 14 days. Then went through to Cancellations who said there team would call me in next 3 days to cancel. So i asked they cancel my install date for the 11th as i won't make that date. Not a good start. Don't know if i will sign up based on the service received today. Very poor first response
That's my experience too. The CS leaves a bit to be desired. However I was thinking of getting the infrastructure installed in the house and the fact that it's a decent deal once you get it. After install there's very little to deal with them so far, so it's a sacrifice I decided to make. After coming from TalkTalk it has been okay after those hurdles if you encounter them.

nam

nam

Soldato
That's my experience too. The CS leaves a bit to be desired. However I was thinking of getting the infrastructure installed in the house and the fact that it's a decent deal once you get it. After install there's very little to deal with them so far, so it's a sacrifice I decided to make. After coming from TalkTalk it has been okay after those hurdles if you encounter them.
but why would I continue on a order which is more expensive and less speed than what is being offered now. Not having the option to switch to the upgrade over the phone is poor CS

Soldato
but why would I continue on a order which is more expensive and less speed than what is being offered now. Not having the option to switch to the upgrade over the phone is poor CS
i know, I'm not defending their CS. I'm just saying it was a decision I made to at least have the faster speeds at a decent price once I got it installed.
Like I said just cancel the original order and order again, frustrating as it is, it's usually the quickest way.

Soldato

I wish i could but i need to at least be within touching distance of exchanging contracts on the property lol

Soldato
Nice one ok cool! Well hopefully maybe around september or october the deal appears again.

Do thet do deals on the 3gbit one?
I think I seen them offer it for £50, but I can't be sure. Best to check Facebook as they do adverts on there so can see the historical offers. Also it'll be embedded in their T&Cs somewhere on what period they ran certain offers. I only recall the 1GBps offer as that was the one I was eyeing up most of the time.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom