Complete budget build for teenager - but allowing for some future expansion

Associate
Nephew wants a "gaming" PC for Xmas, I've managed to steer the parents away from a £360 gaming laptop, or even worse £290 desktop with monitor / etc brand new (not even sure how they can put them out at that price?). Suspect the usual games will be wanted to be played (minecraft / roblox / etc) but also know the lad is interested in more complex games, and I suspect will also be interested in the building / upgrading of the PC itself.

I have a spare monitor / KB etc, so convincing them to get a basic, but half decent desktop which I'll build. Upper limit really is ~£400inc. So I'm thinking integrated GPU for now, but allow an upgrade to a standalone GPU at a later date. Same with HDD, start small, more can be added etc.

Thoughts on the below please? I know the B450 is oldish tech, but think the below would allow reasonable 720 gaming, and is at least upgradable with a semi-decent GPU in the future? Leaves a few ££ for a W10 licence and wifi dongle etc.

Thanks as always folks - appreciate any thoughts :)

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £364.57 (includes delivery: £11.70)​

Associate
OP
Psu is really poor quality wouldn't trust it with a half decent gpu and b450 motherboard may need a bios update to take the 5600g.
Cheers for the reply - do you mean the wattage, or quality of the actual PSU? Or both? I'm not very au fait at all anymore with PSUs. Something like this? https://www.overclockers.co.uk/supe...0-plus-gold-power-supply-black-ca-004-sf.html

Yeah I had tagged the BIOS update that will prpbably be needed, but cheers for the prompt.

Man of Honour
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom