Completely Dead Four Month Old Gaming PC (for the second time in a month)

I didn't try plugging the PSU directly into the wall but did try on another 4 way extension (this one not surge protected) and didn't get any different result, I can try directly into the wall though if that can make a difference.

The chap who built my machine originally and then again after the first failure thought it might be a shorting problem but can't understand why it is happening after it has been working for a week and not straight away. I will test the PSU again before it is rebuilt and maybe some spacers for the screws into the motherboard could solve the issue.

The h440 comes with spaces pre placed.

If it just a week after you paid someone to build it I would take it back and let him find the fault. I would argue it down to his work and he should at least find the fault for free.

You have a Dual-BIOS on that board.
I would switch to the backup BIOS and try and boot from there.
On Gigabyte boards there are two switches. By default they are switrched to BIOS 1 and Dual. On this board they're on the bottom near yoiur USB headers.

With the power off switch both to the other position
Turn the power back on and try and boot.
If it works your default BIOS is corrupt and will need flashing.

Not a big deal to do, let us know if you can boot from the backup BIOS.

You shouldn't have paid anything for the return to Corsair if the PSU was in warranty

I returned a TX750M - postage was paid both ways by Corsair and they sent me an AX760 for my troubles in the end

As others have said, if you paid someone to build your PC, it is up to them to troubleshoot

I received a new motherboard so the chap who originally build the pc and then rebuilt it after the first failure is trying again this time outside the case. He is in contact with Gigabyte to see if there are any clashes of equipment in there that are not compatible so hopefully this time we will find out what is causing the issue.

Back
Top Bottom