Components Check (AM5/7950X)

I heard it in a Jayz2cent vid so maybe he mispoke or I heard it wrong and he actually ment 4600mhz. Did seem odd at the time so I will have to check at some point.
Probably was talking about limits for 4 DR sticks. These are more difficult to drive, so motherboard vendors are being very cautious about supported speeds.
But this only comes into play at 128GB+ memory configurations.

Hi, I think the case will not cope with an RTX 4090. My RTX 3070 MSI Suprim, just about fits with an inch to spare (Lancool 2 ARGB version). Some of the RTX 4090 cards are 14 inches long.

Might I suggest the Lian Li Lancool 3 instead? I think it is a full tower. Or the popular choice would be a Lian Li 011 full tower. Lancool 3 has four 140 mil fans to assist with cooling fitted as standard.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £166.69 (includes delivery: £11.70)​

I'd decide what gpu you want..look at the 4090 strix for example..it's 357mm long, and clearance in case(lancool II) is 384...if you put a 360mm aio in front too, that'll reduce clearance and card may not fit, and you'd want some airflow around it, esp with new cpu's as well.. i'd do go a case that can fit a 360mm in top...generally longer giving you more space( and check depth of case as well..ie mobo to glass side panel)

wouldn't go with arctic silver thermal paste.. i used in past, but it is conductive, so potentially can short your board..go with more modern stuff..arctic MX-5 or noctua nt-h2(what i use currently) are both non conductive, and have long life once applied
Sorry, just realised you already purchased, but thought things you might want to consider

wouldn't go with arctic silver thermal paste.. i used in past, but it is conductive, so potentially can short your board..go with more modern stuff..arctic MX-5 or noctua nt-h2(what i use currently) are both non conductive, and have long life once applied
Sorry, just realised you already purchased, but thought things you might want to consider

Cheers, I mean it didn't get shipped today (disappointingly) so when I have a conversation with support about next delivery option, i'll look into the thermal paste.

Back
Top Bottom