compro dvb-t 300

Soldato
OP
lol oooh dear, u ever tried using a compro ? one on the disk doesnt work at all, about 7 driver updates later it works-half so in compros player, but in mce no way, so was wondering how vegeta got it work, what drivers u usin kind person ?

Associate
I use one with Showshifter on XP Home as I didn't like Compro's own software. I used the drivers off the CD that came with it and haven't had any problems at all.

Caporegime
Combat squirrel said:
lol oooh dear, u ever tried using a compro ? one on the disk doesnt work at all, about 7 driver updates later it works-half so in compros player, but in mce no way, so was wondering how vegeta got it work, what drivers u usin kind person ?

I have 2 of the same card as you and I just told it to install the drivers, then just went straight into mce and did the channel setup.

Soldato
Squirel try these i gurantee these will work if not something is wrong + check your cable that your getting signal from - i have to fiddle mine about to get a better connection sometimes (dont know why its not asif the wires is cut or anything)

First of all uninstall everything todo with compro bar dvd player (its rather good dont you think for free? :D)
Then install this one FIRSThttp://www.comprousa.com/downloadfiles/T300Driver1330.zip
That file is like a bios file for the card - but is software
SECONDLY Install this one.
http://www.comprousa.com/downloadfiles/ComproDTV2706.exe
This is the software (obviously)
They make tiny updates but on their website they dont change the name (its always compro dtv 2.5 but they always make tiny changes to it)

Now save these on your hard drive (reason i say this is because they released some really good drivers a few months back, but they changed them and the stability went way down and I coouldnt find the old drivers anywhere)

When you install it do you do it properly? I.E when it does scan for channels do you choose the right one? i think its digital tv or attenta tv or something.
Have you also checked that you have a digital tv aerial - an outdoor one? I had a really old tv antenna that came with the house - although it receieved analogue signal it didnt digital - so i found a guy that gave me a brand new tv antenna right outside my bedroom fitted it and everything and checked it worked for £60!
From this website http://www.cai.org.uk/.
There you can find members of this trusted union or whatever it is and it also has a list of rogue traders!
If your aerial is right and your cabling is right and you installed like i said there should be no reason this wont work - hope you get it to work mate because i wouldnt dream of having my pc without this tv card in it now.

Associate
I have the Compro DVB T200, this uses the same drivers, but lacks the analogue tuner.
It works fine under MCE. However, when I first got the card it took me ages to get it working under XP. Finally got Compro tech support to send me their latest drivers, which fixed the issue, once I had reinstalled XP. But basically the card works, you just might have to play around with it a bit.

Soldato
OP
Hi everyone, thanks for replys will give it a go, yeah iv tried lots and lots of drivers, not the above ones -recently- will do a clean install of mce and see how i go, iv got a happauge nova-t card in my other mce box and that works flawlessly, just plug it in, run drivers, mce works. Will give it a go and get back to you :)

Associate
I have the dvb-t200 and had a total nightmare getting it to work with XP Pro, when I finally did I can't get any signal even though I have a DVB portable aerial :(

I run XP64-bit (dual boot) and they dont even have drivers for that yet. I think in future I will do a bit more research and get a USB one aswell.

Soldato
OP
right im GETTING NO WHERE WITH THIS CARD, on this system:

1.8ghz celeron
512meg ram
nvidia 4000mx card
dell intel s 478 board

In this order i installed:

Nvidia drivers
updated xp mce with all updates etc
Power dvd 6 deluxe
compro 1.3.3.0 drivers
2706 compro tv software

When i run 'search for digital channels' it wont work, any input as to what im doin wrong ? the above works with the nova-t card no problems, apart from nova-t drivers and tv software of course

Soldato
OP
oh just to say i no longer have my origonal driver cd that came with the card, i lost it, but im still assuming i can get the card to work with just the driver and the compro dtv software and a dvd player program software like power dvd?

Soldato
Hi, a dvd player is not needed to make comprodvbt300 work - I just reckon the compro dvd player is preety good :D
I have to say mate this card is probably the most system intensive card on the market (hence why its the cheapest card), I checked your siggy and you have a powerfull pc - try it on that and see if its whether your celeron pc is too weak.

Soldato
OP
hi vegeta tried it on my powerful pc and the same result, nothing, it really doesnt wanna work :(. It worked for liek a week then decided it didnt want to. The analog works fine, I can get the 4 channels on analoge I can pick up in my area (we dont get 5)

Is it something to do with the mpeg2 file format in photoexplore 8 as to why its not working ? I dont have the cd that came with it so i can not install it anymore, Id think id only need drivers and compro dtv and a dvd player software program yes ?

Soldato
OP
it HAS to be something to do with the epg/mpeg2 layer type thing the bit between driver and mpeg files hasnt it ? im so lost now as to why its not working, there really is not reason why it shouldnt be, there is also FFDshow sse2 on the system, will this stop it workin ?

Soldato
Hi mate sorry I havent replied earlier, maybe a format of your low spec pc and fresh install will work?
I dont actually install anything bar the two files I told you to get, format your low spec pc - install mobo drivers/gfx drivers then install these - that way you know nothings interfering - I know its a pain if it doesnt work after that RMA it its probably broken.

Soldato
OP
its already on a clean install done tonight......its actually above the required spec to be honest, min 600mhz, recommend 1.7ghz, i know its only 1.8ghz, but nothing else is running on it.........i swear its something to do with the decoding of the mpeg file, i can sniff it,lol

Back
Top Bottom