Computer for non gaming daughter

Associate
Good morning. Can anyone please help me as Im not sure what Im looking for exactly.My daughter has just started high school and as I have an Apple Mac I have promised her a windows 10 computer for her homework, be able to run office applications watching videos on you tube and playing very basic games on line using flash.
As an 11 year old aesthetics are so important to her so she wants something like this case

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...c-intel-core-i5-9400f-fs-1d7-og.html#comments preferably in blue!!

She will be using a tv screen as a monitor so hdmi port is essential.
Apart from that I have absolutely no idea what to look for .Can you please help me?
Thank you so much in advance

Soldato
I have a NUC but it's a pity OCUK don't stock the Asrock mini-PCs as you tend to get a bit more fore the money. I had a Zbox then a Nano. Beebox seems to be the replacement. Spray one Blue!

Associate
If you shop around you can find the asrock deskmini a300 for around the £150 mark, then just add your own 2200g ssd and 8gb ram and you have a pretty solid tiny pc ~£300

Associate
OP
Thank you all for your replies...so very helpful. Im a bit of a technophobe and have a lot of restrictions using my hands due to arthritis so looking for a computer where I don't need to add components to get it working...Thank you
P.S for my daughters needs should I be looking for i3/i5/i7 or similar?

Thank you so much

Associate
You can probably do just fine with a little quad core so on Intel side that would be a 8th gen or newer i3 (i5 if 7th gen or older) though for me I'd be looking at one of the little AMD ryzen APUs (2200g or 3200g) they are just about on par with the intel quad cores but have much better graphics chips :)
Edit - the amds also tend to be slightly cheaper

Suspended

You have 2 x PSU and 2x SSD so subtract about £77 from that total or approximately £350

Back
Top Bottom