Computer just shuts down unexpectedly during gaming

Associate
OP
You could try laying the PC flat, for if the problem is the seating with the PCI-E slot and GPU sag, though I think the FE 3090 has a vapor chamber and those may not be designed to operate in a different orientation.

Did you set the graphics PCI-E gen only, or the M.2 PCI-E gen too?
Tried it outside the case on the motherboard box but no change. i knocked both back to 3.0 which seemed to work for a while but it came back. No actual crashes though just the WHEA errors. I've swapped out my 4090 FE for my old 3090 FE in to see if it made any difference and so far it hasn't reported any more errors other than the metadata stuff Though this happened yesterday as well and then came back so I'm not convinced at the moment. Temperatures and voltages are still within spec though the 3090 memory runs a good bit hotter so I've got it's fans on full bore to keep it cool. (should probably replace the thermal pads on it.)

No sign of any issues on the 4090 as far as sag it's still straight along the edge with no signs of distortion or damage to the pins etc.

Associate
OP
Crashed whilst typing and not gaming… CPU?

I would just down clock it and see if it’s stable.
yep. just web browser open and hwmonitor logging in the background and because it doesn't get time to do a dump file I've got nothing concrete to work with.

I'd clipped it's max boost back to 5.5 already. No change. though I've not had an actual crash for a few days the WHEA errors were persisting.
Today I've had it back on regular performance setting while running the 3090 to try and provoke the issue again but no dice :(

Back
Top Bottom