Computer programme language

Associate
Im looking to do a different role in IT as im getting a bit bored of the hardware side of things. Im looking to learn some sort of programming but im not sure which one would be the best to help me find work after.
What would you say is my best option to choose?

ive been looking at javascript but im unsure at the moment.

Cheers

Associate
Python is a nice language to start with.

Once you've learnt the basic concepts, you should be able to apply them in any new language you work with in the future anyway.

Associate
Although I think C++ is a language all programmers should have some grasp of, I don't think it's a good language for a beginner who's looking to get a job as a programmer. Most C++ jobs are probably going to be for developing quite advanced stuff which requires a very in-depth knowledge of it.

My recommendation is maybe javascript for learning basic C-style syntax, then maybe move on to C#. There's lots of jobs that require those.

Edit: Also by learning C#, it'll be very easy to learn Java as well, as they're very similar.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
This is nice info people. I wasnt sure which to learn as there are a few. The last bit of language i used was visual basic in college about 6 years ago. I thought that was easy. I will be looking into the C# etc hopefully wont be to difficult to do.

How dufficult is c#? If you know

Associate
This is nice info people. I wasnt sure which to learn as there are a few. The last bit of language i used was visual basic in college about 6 years ago. I thought that was easy. I will be looking into the C# etc hopefully wont be to difficult to do.

I assume you did VB.NET. C# isn't a mile away from that, so I doubt you'd find it that hard to pick up. The syntax is obviously different (less verbose and more clean), but it uses the same .NET framework, so the structure of a program is basically the same.

Associate

Not bad at all. I did most of my uni course with it. I hated programming, but still picked it up fine.

Associate
I'd say C#. It's quite friendly.

C# is probably my shout as well.

Very fun language and can be applied to lot's of areas in business.

I personally use it for ETL scripts for SSIS on the company databases to create a data warehouse. I use it in my spare time for more 'fun' stuff such as application/game development.

Back
Top Bottom