Computer squeaking on shut-down

Soldato
When Vista shuts down and all the components switch off - fans spin down. The last noise my computer makes is a mechanical squeak. I have not been able to isolate what is making the squeak but was wondering if anyone else had the same thing.

It's only happened since I overclocked. Putting it back to stock makes no difference now. I can only think its a fan making that noise as it slows down.

Yes I had the same noise before I upgraded my PSU
I believe the sound comes from your GTX, however when uprating my PSU the sound went away. If you pull one of your power cables out of your GTX and boot up you'll get the same noise
Far as I'm aware it's nothing to worry about, maybe some-one can back that up?

I think it might be your GTX. Dont they make a weird squeeking noise when they arent getting enough power? A friend's PC does the same on startup.

If it is your GTX, then I dont think its anything to worry about.

If you have the BIOS set to beep the case's speaker as a warning if the CPU or other fan fails, then it could be beeping for a fraction of a second if one of those fans slows down just before the system shuts down.

I sometimes get this when my system starts up. The BIOS loads just quick enough to give me a quick beep before the CPU fan spins up to full speed.

My system does exactly the same thing - it's the GTX. No idea why it does that but when I unplugged the power to it there wasn't any noise.

Back
Top Bottom