Computer Very Unstable

Associate
Hi my friends computer is randomly unstable.

It appears whenever he plays battlefield 3 after a couple of minutes his computer will just restart.

No errors of BSOD!

Now ive done loads of prime test and randomly it restarts on it, sometimes it wont and sometimes after a couple of seconds.

the CPU temp is fine and the GPU is fine

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Soldato
Are there any logs in the event viewer that mentions anything regarding the restart?

Also, restore any overclocks to default and run Prime95 and see if it still retstarts (I know it should give a BSOD, but no harm in ruling it out).

Soldato
Open Event Viewer

Event Viewer is a tool that displays detailed information about significant events (for example, programs that don't start as expected or updates that are downloaded automatically) on your computer. Event Viewer can be helpful when troubleshooting problems and errors with Windows and other programs. For more information about Event Viewer, see What information appears in event logs (Event Viewer)?

Open Event Viewer by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Event Viewer.* If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Associate
Try to run something else that's demanding electricity wise as just because the PSU is 700W doesn't mean it's failing and loosing its power output and/or voltage stability.

Associate
OP
Havent got any good psus lying around :(

I need be sure before i go out and buy a new one.

The temps are fine

and now everytime i run prime 95 it restarts almost straight away. (Default bios)

Any other suggestions before i get a new psu

cheers

Back
Top Bottom