Computer wont always boot?

Soldato
hi i need some advice on a very strange probelm i keep havin, when i turn on my computer sometimes the screen goes blank after the windows logo you can hear the windows tune tho after but my monitor just blinks and there is no picture, once i reset it it normally boots up fine just dont understand why it randomly decides if its going to boot or not any ideas?

many thanks

running xp service pack 3

Soldato
OP
its a new psu mate i only put it in today, it was doing the same thing with my old corsair 620w i thought it might have been that so i got a new one, im using the latest drivers to, the 260gtx card i have i only bought 2 weeks ago from here should i send it back do you think?

Soldato
OP
not to sure wat youmean by event viewer mate sorry, what are the best drivers to use the forceware ones or the official nvidia ones from there site

Last edited:
Associate
not to sure wat youmean by event viewer mate sorry, what are the best drivers to use the forceware ones or the official nvidia ones from there site

Try downgrading your drivers to an earler version.. and also maybe try reseating the card this does normal help though I think its more of a driver issue or card issue been faulty or not liking the drivers

These simptoms are the normal ones when i test cards..

Soldato
OP
i think your right im sure its a driver issue just gone back to 182.50 rebooted a few times and seems to be ok i see how it goes thanks for the help guys much appricated

Back
Top Bottom