Computer wont load up

Associate
Hello!

This morning I ran a malwarebytes scan, it came up with 1 thing to remove. I removed it and was to told to restart my computer to finish the process.

When it restarted it had the issue i decribe below:

When I press the power button to turn my computer on I can hear it power up and after a few seconds my monitor will turn on / mouse & keyboard will light up

Nothing happens on the screen though

After a few more seconds it sounds like it does when it shuts down, the monitor, keyboard and mouse all turn off but the power light to the computer stays on

15 seconds later it will sound as if its turning on again and monitor etc will light up again then a few seconds later they will all go off again and the power light for the computer will stay on

It will then repeat this cycle

Any ideas what could be broken? Is it possible for me to recover my data off the computer / how would i go about it?

Thanks in advance :)

Soldato
I would disconnect everything in your computer that you dont need such as hard drives, DVD rom drives (disconnect all HDD/DVD cables, data and power) and see if it allows you to get in to the bios.

Failing that, if you have more than 1 stick of RAM I would take all but the one in the first slot out and see if it allows you to enter the bios then. Try each module on its own if it still wont boot.

Associate
OP
I changed the graphics card and i can now see things on the monitor

However, when it gets past the windows loading screen and the login is about to load it restarts with a blue screen flashing for about .5 seconds

I think the hard drive is KAPUT but im no a tech

If you know what could be the problem let me know pls

Or suggest some software pls

Thanks a bunch

Soldato
But it comes up with the windows loading screen? Whenever I have windows issues it happens right after the loading screen as he is describing.

I can't see any mention of that in the OP, just "Nothing happens on the screen though".

/edit : Hang on, I missed a post.

Blue screen probably means MalwareBytes removed something essential. Try safe mode...

Associate
Have you done the F8 boot sequence and selected last know good boot?

You basically need to get into a position where you can restore you system. Do you have a system restore disc, if you made a back up of your OS you might be fine.

Back
Top Bottom