Confusion using two Xbox consoles

Man of Honour
Need some help guys, I'm finding this a bit confusing.

My eldest has an Xbox One S and installed everything on that. No problems there, all is well. However, we have now another Xbox, a Xbox One X, which is in the main room. This is to be like a generic use unit, primarily so my 3 year old can jump on this and not annoy my eldest by figting over who plays what. So I have two Xboxes, and two user accounts. However, the new Xbox keeps logging my eldest out of his unit upstairs when I start it. I have to switch user account and he can log back in. This happens every time. That's the first issue. My second problem is every game on the new unit is not working with my generic account. They will only work if I log in using my eldest's account. The only thing I can do here is log in as the generic account, and reinstall the games? Surely there must be a more efficient way to do this?

I also have bought Gold on both machines, as they both play Fortnite amongst other games. Do I really need two separate Gold accounts for this too?

It's all a bit stressful to be honest, and I'd like to get something sorted. Thanks in advance for any help!

Soldato
Do I really need two separate Gold accounts for this too?
No, you don't - as @ic1male shows there's a work around.

I recently bought two XBOX ONE Xs for the kids (admittedly me too) to dabble on. I followed some convoluted instruction in a thread/youtube video and i can now access all games on two logins with one gold account (even play against each other with same game) - i may have the link saved if ic1male's link doesn't work out for you.

Back
Top Bottom