• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

connect 3d x1800xt owners

Associate
I am hoping it isnt a card issue myself and just down to drivers, just for the fact that when I had it initially it was working great. When I get home in a couple of hours i am going to try wtih an older version of the ATI drivers and use driver cleaner pro and see what that does. to be honost I have no problem at all even going to the point of a fresh install, but i would do that as a last resort. The Bios flashing is something that had only happened recently and that PC had been on for quite a few hours (I am the type of person that leave the machine on all the time).

Soldato
Should be able to leave it on for weeks and not have red dots or screen flashes though. I think TheVoice hit the nail on the head, driver problems wouldn't affect bios screens.

I once had flashing red pixels with my previous X800 XT and that ended up being down to a faulty monitor, so there are other possibilities beside a faulty card. Can you test the vid card in another PC?

The screen does flash a little when the ATI icon appears during the last bit of bootup on my X1800 XT. I guess it's initializing CCC or the drivers or something, or setting the clock speeds. What you describe sounds different though.

Last edited:
Associate
I think i might have fixed it or at least found out the problem. I think it is the monitor. I have plugged my other TFT in and that is working fine. I have put the 19" iiyama back in and it was getting the red pixels/lines and flickering. I have upped the refresh rate from 60 to 85 and the red has gone. It also seems to have fixed the issue with the flickering for now at least.

One question though - I have tried searching the net for this but I am unable to find drivers for my iiyama ProLite E485S. If someone can point me in the right direction i would appreciate it.

Associate
OP
well i finally manaegd to oc my x1800xt..

i got 10939 on pcmark05 with settigns of 695.25/837 on a 1.375 volts on gpu..

does anyone know the 3d voltage for stock 1800xt? i heard that its 1.4.. is that true? cos if its so i can oc some more :)
otherwise i have to be satisfied with what i got now

Associate
Just a quick bit of advice for you guys assuming you have the 256mb version as I do, apparently the 6.8 cats have some massive gains specifically for the 256mb owners in D3D, but it is under heavy mem usage such as High Res HDR or AA, gains can be as much as 20%!

A threshold that was previously below 256mb has been raised in the drivers to now encompass our card, a link to a better explanation is below from Dave Baumann, ex Beyond3D editor and now working in Canada for ATi as Technical Marketing Manger...

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32821&page=2

regards,
J.

P.S. If this has already been mentioned please don't shoot me as I haven't the time to read through all the thread...

CSA

CSA

Associate
can anyone tell me if these connect3d cards come with a 4 pin to 6 pin power adaptor ? im ordering the card in the morning and i need to know if i need to order a seperate adaptor

Thanks

Caporegime
Has anyone had tv-out issues?

Was working fine at first, but after a reinstall, it wont detect my tv, even if I force detection nothing shows on the telly.

I've tried various driver versions, made sure the cables are snug, and am completely baffled.

I don't know what else to test, and I don't want to RMA it if it is actually working, because I will hafta pay delivery there and back, and also be without a wokring machine for a long while :(

Associate
LoadsaMoney said:
Yes thats about right as you have a dual core, which 3DMarks seems to love. :)

Naah, doesn't make a big difference in 3dmark 05, imo. But you can't compare dual core vs. single core in 3dmark 06 :p

Associate
krooton said:
Has anyone had tv-out issues?

Was working fine at first, but after a reinstall, it wont detect my tv, even if I force detection nothing shows on the telly.

I've tried various driver versions, made sure the cables are snug, and am completely baffled.

You got the WDM drivers installed? they are seperate to the main catalyst drivers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom