Connecting to work network anonymously ?

Associate
My situation is i look after a small part of the building,i have access to the internet via a works pc . There is a spare ethernet Port , it possible to connect to the spare port with a gli 300 m router without being seen by the company . I have a vpn on my laptop then would connect via wifi to the router which would have a vpn on also. Im guessing not.I just want to use it to watch sports .

Cheers

Soldato
Why can you watch sports from work but not where you are? I would have guessed because of geo-location but you mention being able to physically access the machine to put something in it so that maybe rules that out. If it is geo location restrictions then I would also advise if you're going to do something that's a bit 'grey' then don't involve work. Pony up for a personal VPN subscription that will allow you to bypass geo restrictions if that's the issue.

Soldato
I would strongly advise against going down this road, having seen first hand the aftermath of attempts to plug networking equipment into corporate LANs on a number of levels.

Don
I would strongly advise against going down this road, having seen first hand the aftermath of attempts to plug networking equipment into corporate LANs on a number of levels.
This.

Start messing with things = fired.

For your info, if a new device was connected like this in my work, we'd quickly see it and know which port it was connected to.

As said above, ask your boss about using a laptop with a guest WiFi connection or similar.

For the jobs that require a lot of sitting around, we actively give staff free wifi ask they can stream etc.

Back
Top Bottom