Connecting X-Box to PC

Suspended
Is it possible to connect my X-Box to my Acer AL1916W screen?

I know the acer has only got one input but can it be done by connecting the 10 pin adaper from the back of my X1800XT card that goes to 3 female phono cables that are red, blue and green.

Then connecting this to the red, yellow and white male phono cables (that usually go to scart) on the X-Box lead?

Only im not sure what the red, blue and green mean in relation to yellow (video) white (audio left) and red (audio right)

Cheers

Associate
The red blue and green ones aren't the ones you want. You should have a cable that plugs in the svideo type socket on your card and has 2 s-video and 2 yellow composite female connections on it (1 set for input and 1 for output), at least thats what I got with my x1800XT. You connect the yellow lead from the xbox to the the yellow connector on the cable I just mentioned (the yellow connector with the little arrow going in to the pc) and then get some software to show the video being captured. Ive had my xbox working on my monitors, but i used my TV card, i think i did try the x1800 at one point though.

Picture quality isn't too great though, especially in fast action games. Playing 4 player Halo 2 split screened gave a lot of ghosting and uncrisp text, this is due to the card (tv card in my case) not the monitor.

However, if you talking about an xbox 360 you can buy a VGA cable that'll allow you to plug it straight into you monitor. Picture quality should be good with one of them.

Hope that helps a bit.

Suspended
OP
cheers, yeh i have the 2 s-video and 2 yellow comp female connectors.

If the image is rubbish and i need to mess around with software i wont bother. Just though it might be a good idea to try and fire up burnout revenge or dead or alive 3 on my lcd screen instead of sitting downstairs in the front room freezing

Back
Top Bottom