• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Conroe Uk Pricing?

Soldato
I bet that 3.33ghz EE chip is an amazing performer.

Should I? :o

And even though the exchange rate is pretty good.

FX 60 from top american site = $1,011.00
Direct conversion = £532

Cheapest price in UK = £673.72

Last edited:
Soldato
speeduk said:
I bet that 3.33ghz EE chip is an amazing performer.

Should I? :o

And even though the exchange rate is pretty good.

FX 60 from top american site = $1,011.00
Direct conversion = £532

Cheapest price in UK = £673.72
Where are you getting such a precise figure for the UK price of the Conroe XE?

Soldato
Those price's he quotes are for the FX60 ;)

He's just giving an idea of how US prices currently compare to UK prices for existing products! :)

Associate
If anyone thinks they are going to get a $ to £ conversion they are dreaming.

Have you seen how weak the dollar is at the moment ? Its on its arse and going South. The US economy is in decline and they are going mental about paying $3.5 for a gallon of petrol, Boohoo !! :D

So those of you doing currency conversions on XE or whatever are living in cloud cuckoo land as its going to be no where near a straight one for one.

Best guess would be $ plus at least 20% imo. :eek:

Soldato
Rex-Kramer said:
If anyone thinks they are going to get a $ to £ conversion they are dreaming.

Have you seen how weak the dollar is at the moment ? Its on its arse and going South. The US economy is in decline and they are going mental about paying $3.5 for a gallon of petrol, Boohoo !! :D

So those of you doing currency conversions on XE or whatever are living in cloud cuckoo land as its going to be no where near a straight one for one.

Best guess would be $ plus at least 20% imo. :eek:

Was that aimed at me? I just proved that you can add £150 to the price at least (if its the top end chip you are after).

Soldato
Core E6700 - 2.67GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 32+32KB L1, 4MB L2, Dual Core, TDP 65W - $529 - Q3
Core E6600 - 2.40GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 32+32KB L1, 4MB L2, Dual Core, TDP 65W - $315 - Q3

These are the official intel prices if you buy in 1000 unit bulk.
Interestingly enough the official price for a Pentium D960 is $529, and a Pentium D950 is $315, which are currently at £329.95+vat, and £194.95+vat at OcUK. So I would expect conroe's to be a similar price.

However it will depend somewhat on supply and demand. If OcUK are sent enough as many chips as they request, I would expect prices at this level. However if OcUK recieve 50 of each chip, Im pretty sure people would be prepared to pay big money to get their hands on them. In which case expect high prices.

Caporegime
A lot of uk prices are simply worked out by swapping the $ for a euro sign and then converting into £, that usually ends up with the end price inc vat.

Back
Top Bottom