Console/Game Choice for Kiddies

Associate
Hey All,

After abit of advice here, basically been seeing my partner now for just over a year and in that time her 2 children boy of 5 and girl of 8 have started to become more and more addicted to using there tablets and I have lost count of the amount of screens they have damaged and then had to be fixed/replaced. So I thought about getting them an old console to play games on and at least they could maybe play together on some games but the question is what console to get and what kind of games do you think would keep the attention of a 5 and 8 year old (if any). Obviously the graphical power and age of console doesnt really matter to them at this age either.

Another small issue is that they have never played any game with a controller everything has been touch screen and trying to get them to grips with a controller I assume is going to be a nightmare.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Qel

Qel

Associate
Second hand Wii U? Nintendo have stopped production now as they're totally focused on Switch but lots of child friendly Nintendo games on it. Could look at 2DS/3DS as well as they have a huge library.

PS4 depending on what you want to spend, plenty of Lego games, things like Ratchet and Clank, Stardew Valley? Crash Bandicoot remake coming out, Tearaway?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom