console gamer new to pc gaming

Associate
hi guys like the title says I've been a console gamer all my life has a PC when i was in school played the odd game on it like age of empires and stuff like that but i recently in June decided to go the PC road and bought my self a pre-built PC and was just wondering when I go to upgrade it what would be the best parts to star at as i haven't the faintest clue about building a PC, now bare in mind i didn't go all out when i bought the PC it cost me about £700 for it thought that was a good starting point
the spec's are

Processor - AMD Ryzen 3 3200G Processor
- Quad-core
- 3.6 GHz / 4.0 GHz
- 6 MB cache
RAM - 8 GB DDR4 (2400 MHz)
- 32 GB maximum installable RAM
Graphics card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
- 4 GB GDDR5
Storage - 1 TB HDD (7200 rpm)
- 256 GB SSD
knowing my luck these are all outdated already I'm hoping to start upgrading in the new year

Last edited:
thanks guys, bought 2 16gb of ram, seen the new geforce 3080 was released the other day going to get it in the next few months, or would it be best to upgrade my processor before my graphics card

@hitman
its 2 sets of 16gb, i was thinking the more i upgrade the more power i would need anyway so the power supply would need changed at some point, my current monitor is
  • Full HD 1920 x 1080p
  • Refresh rate: 144 Hz
  • Response time: 4 ms
haven't a clue if that is good or not was recommended to me in the shop
the newer games id be plays r call of duty, doom, destiny, civilisations 6 and a few older games too. i'm very surprised with the help didn't think i would get ant at all.

Back
Top Bottom