Constant 'session has expired' messages on itunes, and must sign in on app

Soldato
Hi all,

I've got itunes on my pc, and the app installed on my lg oled tv. I have been purchasing and watching films on both devices without any issues until a few days ago when itunes did an update. Now my itunes continually tells me that my session has expired and i need to log in, i log in and i get the same message. I can still get to my account settings etc on there, it seems to just be the store somehow?

On my tv app, i am signed in and i can see my library of films, including half watched ones. If i click on one it starts to load and then says 'you must sign in to view this content'.....obviously i am signed in. I called apple support and they werent any help at all, the usual 'turn it off and on again i cant see anything wrong with your account'.

Anyone had simliar issues and know a way to resolve it? I've restarted my internet, I've rebooted both the tv and pc, reinstalled itunes and the app, repeatedly signed out and back in on both.

edit: I've just realised there is a software forum for Apple where this would probably be better suited. Could a mod please move it there?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
So i tried logging in with my wifes account and that worked fine on my itunes, no errors. Sign out and back in with my own account and it gave me the same error message...

Reset my password and it seems to have let me log back into my itunes....annoying, especially if it ends up making me do it routinely but for anyone else getting the issue, give that a shot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom