Constellation | Apple TV+

Soldato

A catastrophe in space. Madness on Earth.Introducing your next Apple TV+ sci-fi obsession: Constellation.A gripping original series starring Noomi Rapace and Jonathan Banks, premiering February 21 on Apple TV+

“Constellation” stars Noomi Rapace as Jo — an astronaut who returns to Earth after a disaster in space — only to discover that key pieces of her life seem to be missing. The action-packed space adventure is an exploration of the dark edges of human psychology, and one woman's desperate quest to expose the truth about the hidden history of space travel and recover all that she has lost.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
It's interesting, episode one started as WTF then chilled out then ended up as WTF and episode 2 really is WTF

It's good :)

Man of Honour
I get the idea of what the writers are hinting at but I feel this is a show that the average viewer will not understand at all. Quantum super position and spooky action at a distance were concepts I read and watched about for years so it's nice to see a big show like this exploring this side of Quantum Mechanics.

Be really cool to see how they continue further episodes.

Soldato
Enjoying it so far. Though I wish she’d crack on and stop shaking hands

Ok. 2 episodes down. I’m on board BUT my main gripe so far (other than only barely knowing wtf is going on) is I can’t stand that the lady is a Swedish accent, speaking Russian with a painfully English accented daughter and husband.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
2 episodes in and it's doing enough to keep me wanting to watch, it's pretty out there for the type of scifi we get lately from other places, can see why it's on Apple.

Reactions: SPG
Associate
Its definitely a bit different, an apparent non-linear storyline for not the usual story progression reasons. Its got a wee touch of stanley kubrick 2001 about it.

Appears to me that the old-timer astronauts experienced some unspoken things in their time.

I'm still trying to come to terms with the two characters that the guy from better call saul is playing. I wasn't watching at key moments to confirm if he has the same name or not, i.e. is he supposed to be twins or as I suspect two instances of the same guy and therefore we are seeing him in two different timelines, one where he is pretty famous, and the other where he is washed up and doing nerdy cruises.

Also the astronaut that came back, has come back into a different timeline, she is obviously unaware that her and hubby were not getting on and she had a fling with the PR guy

And yeah the pills...what are they treating.

Last edited:
Soldato
Near the end of the first episode now, much better than I was expecting so far. Noomi Rapace is great.

Not got too WTF yet but I'm expecting it from the quantam shenanigans they've been mentioning.

Soldato
Enjoying it as it is quite low key with elements of mild horror. Episode 4 cued up for tonight.
Agree with the time shifts, alternate realities. Suspect the twinned US astronauts are switching between themselves along with the Russian director woman and her assumed dead sister astronaut?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm on the fence on whether to watch this one, seems interesting but some elements seem possibly overdone for my tastes depending on how well it is written as to whether they are actually woven into an intricate story or style over substance.

Back
Top Bottom