Consumer Advice - Bad Apple

Soldato
Ive found in store support terrible. On a Macbook the charger was clearly browning where it connects to the plug and very warm. Shop said it was my fault and its not burning but common when you flex the cable.

Took a lot of debating then finally they relented saying we will do thos as a gesture of goodwill..yes sure.

I am not big on Apple but we have a Macbook Air which I quite like.

Soldato
Im not getting into a "which is better" debate, but I have never "got" Apple products. They seem like flashy products, but thats all they have. A product which is recycled and very well marketed and has a loyal fanbase who swallow up the "hype"

Wise Guy
Associate
He went on to say there's probably a few others out there - then again said not as bad as mine. He finished by saying it's not a defect.

The laptop cost me £2,059. I am appalled. But what can I really do? He said it was up to me to call Apple and escalate it. He said I could quote everything he said. I obviously took down his details.

What do you think?? Is this a lost battle? Apple are making me feel like I'm just out to cause problems but I just want a solid laptop!!

he Chargeback scheme will cover purchases of any value made on credit or debit cards.

This means that debit card transactions are covered by the Chargeback scheme - even though they are not covered by Section 75 cover.

Credit card transactions of any value are also covered by Chargeback, but if you can use Section 75 protection to pursue your refund you will have a much stronger case.

Read more: http://www.money.co.uk/article/1007...-how-to-get-your-money-back.htm#ixzz2F3trclpi

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the advice matdom but Apple agreed to exchange the laptop after weeks (or is it months now!?!?) of painful phonecalls with various Apple departments, not to mention three visits to the Genius Bar at their Regent Street store.

They've given me an address to write to requesting a copy of all the call history as I'm still pressing ahead with a complaint - while at the same time ensuring those who have helped are credited for their efforts.

- Montala, parcel ETA is middle of next week but we'll see! :)

Caporegime
Thanks for the advice matdom but Apple agreed to exchange the laptop after weeks (or is it months now!?!?) of painful phonecalls with various Apple departments, not to mention three visits to the Genius Bar at their Regent Street store.

That must be the friendly, helpful, trouble-free Apple customer care I keep hearing about.

Soldato
OP
Seriously - traumatic doesn't do it justice. I'm half tempted to post the call history on here (obviously not actually going to do that!). They have warned me that much of the ticket content is 'coded' for internal use. Looking forward to spotting anagrams for popular insults :)

Soldato
That's the problem with Apple products/marketing. They are reasonably good pieces of kit but they are machines after all and all machines go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom