Contactless card wont work for me - but does for anyone else - why?

Associate
OP
Well, no solution - but more intrigue - I have a new phone with fingerprint ID - it says the fingerprint scanner needs cleaning as it can't detect my finger. I think it will be best not to enable that feature! Am I a zombie?

Soldato
Despite the term contactless you'll get more consistent results if the card is touching the reader and you don't take the card away until it confirms the card has been read. It may then take some seconds to actually authorise it.

Flapping the card vaguely at the reader from a foot away or flashing the card at the reader for a milisecond is a good way to get extra tries at this simple task and initiate conversation with the cashiers.

Man of Honour
Well, no solution - but more intrigue - I have a new phone with fingerprint ID - it says the fingerprint scanner needs cleaning as it can't detect my finger. I think it will be best not to enable that feature! Am I a zombie?

Take your temperature to check. If it's room temperature, you're a zombie. A pulse check to confirm. But you're not a zombie because...

You're a sleeper agent for aliens. Your human disguise is an older version that's not fully compatible with modern human technology as that wasn't needed when you started your assignment. You should have been recalled to the mothership for upgrades, but you've been in place for so long that your handler has retired and you've been forgotten.

Associate
OP
I think you are right Angilion, because I can hold the card against the reader and wait forever. However showing it just does not work for me and letting the cashier succeed is a far better way to start a conversation! I do feel like I have been left behind by modern human technology.

Back
Top Bottom