1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

continuous play, back?

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Nodiggidy123, 13 May 2010.

1. Nodiggidy123

Mobster

ive just had a letter from sony saying that they are sorry i have cancelled my ps3 repair plan. (i cancelled over a year ago).

anyway it appears that continous play is back in some shape or form as the letter is now inviting me to take out a new cover option provided by domestic and general. the plan cost 5.06/ month if u pay via direct debit.

the only thing a little worrying that i have seen is this quote

"but eventually your playstation 3 WILL develop a fault"

now i know this is a very broad statement but could this be used as admission of a inherrent design flaw?

2. iamtheoneneo

Sgarrista

well eventually it will....just depends when , 5 months , 5 years , 50 years - it will get knackered at some point.

3. mcwildcard

Mobster

If they'd let me on it, I'd snap up continuous play, my PS3 is out of warranty now and I don't like the possiblility I might have to fork out for a new unit if it goes pop.
    Having said that, I could probably get about £140ish for my current 80GB one on the MM and for the extra £60 odd I might be able to snag a new slim one with warranty.

4. Macky

Soldato

Nah not worth it I don't think. PS3's are built pretty well now. The failure rate is very low on the latest Slims I think. In 5 years PS4 will probably be out. :)

5. mame

Sgarrista