Contract renewal in 2 weeks - What to go for?

Soldato
Currently with 3 on the equivalent of their internet 500 plan with a HTC Sensation and the 24 month contract is due for renewal in two weeks. I've been with them for virtually 6 years and as per usual, the customer loyalty seems none existent. I'll also add it seems at times as if you're talking to a scripted robot on the phone.

I'm looking at getting an S4 and so wondered if anyone knows of any good deals about right now? 3 have changed their pricing of the S4 I believe 3 times since it was launched and as it stands, they appear over priced wanting a fair bit of upfront cost relative to others.

I don't mind signing up to 18 or 24 months on a flagship phone. Ideally looking for bundled vouchers, cashback, item giveaway with the deal (I can sell on ebay) etc. I'm even tempted by the S4 mini as the screen is as good if not better than the Sensation (same res and ppi) but it has 500mhz more on each core, double the RAM and I believe a slightly better camera?

Last edited:
Associate
I really like the look of the HTC One. Looks like a very cool phone. Only just got my first smartphone myself the Nexus 4.

Soldato
Go the whole hog mate and get the S4 - Its a phone that will last you a long while and you'll be very impressed with the screen and camera.

It really is a nice complete phone.

ok8x2s4.jpg.png

Associate
Samsung Galaxy S4 and Sony Xperia Z both advised above, if you would like to jump to a phsyically bigger phone, then I'd probably have to go with the Samsung Galaxy S4.

http://cdn.ausdroid.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/samsung_galaxy_s_4_htc_one_sony_xperia_z2.png

Screen sizes of the phones:

Samsung Galaxy S4: 5 inches
HTC One: 4.7 inches
Sony Xperia Z: 5 inches (body of the phone is slightly bigger, due to it's rectangluar design)

Although, HTC One isn't a very small phone but it's a more resonable sized handset in comparison to the Xperia X and SG4, as well as looking much more sleek and much more refined with it's aluminium body.

http://images.dailytech.com/nimage/HTC_One_360_Wide.png

Soldato
OP
Best deal I've found on the S4 so far is through phones4u via a cash back site. Orange - £37 per month, 24 months, unlimited minutes & texts, 1GB data, no upfront cost and £147.00 back in cashback. Effectively works out at pretty much £31 p/m over the 24 months.

Associate
You can wait for till end of civilisation and there'll be better tech on the horizon. The point is, any of the flagship phones since S3 is nearly automatically a big upgrade from the HTC Sensation that he has and would last him a good while.

Soldato
HTC One, S4, Xperia Z in that order in my opinion. All good though - try them for yourself.

I wouldn't wait either unless you want a bigger screen - get one of the above.

Soldato
You can wait for till end of civilisation and there'll be better tech on the horizon. The point is, any of the flagship phones since S3 is nearly automatically a big upgrade from the HTC Sensation that he has and would last him a good while.

Yes, but buying now IMHO is a bad idea as you don't have to wait very long

Unless there's a reason you need an upgrade NOW?

Soldato
Yes, but buying now IMHO is a bad idea as you don't have to wait very long

Unless there's a reason you need an upgrade NOW?

what's so special that's coming out in a month or 2?

There will be nothing of 5" and worthy till the new Nexus. And they are gimped with low storage. Enjoy the S4, nothing else will pack a 1080p 5" SAMOLED.

Soldato
What about them? They don't look like they bring anything new to the table.

If they atleast had an expected release date I would be inclined to agree with you.

By the time they come out you then have the 2013 Nexus round the corner.

Soldato
Went with the S4 from 3 in the end as got a pretty good deal through cancellations.

Anything better than the Spigen SGP Neo Hybrid about case wise?

Best case is the Neo Hybrid. I absolutely love it, although the rectangular feel isn't as pleasant as I'd hoped to hold for long periods .

Associate
Went with the S4 from 3 in the end as got a pretty good deal through cancellations.

Anything better than the Spigen SGP Neo Hybrid about case wise?

I highly recommend the Diztronic TPU case, I'm currently using one with my S4. I also had the same design case when I had my S3 and it was brilliant.

I too also started off with the Spigen Neo Hybrid when I got my S4 a couple of weeks ago and even though it really is a durable and reliable case, I felt that it actually made the phone feel bigger so I went ahead and got the Diztronic one from their American online shop and I've not looked back. Yeah, as I just mentioned they can only be purchased directly from them and they are based in the US but the 1 week wait for one is worth it.

Liam

Back
Top Bottom