Contract up soon, what are my options?.

Soldato
did you give your 30 days notice? Well if you didn't I guess you will now, ask for your pac and ask for a 30 day termination (minimum you can request), use the SIM for a month on your old contract and they may phone you back up with a better offer half way through the month if you havn't used the PAC yet.

Soldato
OP
did you give your 30 days notice? Well if you didn't I guess you will now, ask for your pac and ask for a 30 day termination (minimum you can request), use the SIM for a month on your old contract and they may phone you back up with a better offer half way through the month if you havn't used the PAC yet.

Yes notice was given last month.

O2 still not playing ball, requested PAC, got it , cancelled contract and ordered a sim only deal from Virgin 250/unlimited/1GB £10 per month 1 month rolling contract.

Saved myself £12 per month and got a better package to boot.

O2 why you not want my money?

Soldato
PAYG in the UK generates very little ARPU and the cost to get a customer (known as a SAC - subscriber aquisition cost) is quite high - Virgins margin will likely be very thin and your worth to a larger network like O2 might be too low so to speak.

Associate
I was with O2 for about 8 year, I left around 2-3 years back as they totally pointblank refused to even attempt to negotiate or make any deals with me. I showed them the deals available online to new customers with 0 customer loyalty, and they made no offers / interest, so I moved to T-mobile (then moved to EE to get 4G :) )

During my 8 year stay with them historically there were awesum, we always managed to work out a deal each renewal that got me a decent new phone on a good contract, yet let them charge me enough to maintain my business, then just seemed like it all vanished and their interest in current customers was dumped.

Soldato
OP
Well i've got to say Virgin craps all over O2 for reception and internet speed :eek:

Installed it today and i'm really chuffed with it and saved myself £12 per month as well.

I'm just waiting for my old number to be transferred over them i'm good to go.

Associate
My contract is finishing on the 10th with o2 after two years and currently have a Samsung S2 that continues to serve me well, and is in mint condition due to it being housed in a casemate toughcase.

I pay £22 per month for 200 minutes, unlimited texts and 500MB of data.

What should I push for/expect in the form of an upgrade, S3 S4? considering my current phone is OK should I go SIM only?.

that is way too much. i would suggest you go sim only if you dont use that much.

Soldato
You pay that for sim only?! :eek:

I'd go for something through Three. Best choice i've made in a while - very pleased by their service and I regularly find i'm using somewhere between 20-40GB per month. :)

Back
Top Bottom