Control crash - 12900K - maybe xmp not stable?

Associate
Hi pc:

12900K with NZXT KRAKEN X73 ( 40-50C in Far Cry 6 )

2x16GB DDR4 KINGSTON DDR4 3600MHZ in GEAR 1

RTX 3090 Ti Gigabyte Gaming

Aorus Z690 Elite DDR4 bios F5

SSD 1 TB NVM PCIE

1300 PX Seasonic Prime Platinum

I have Windows 10 installed the newest version. Today i run for more time Control and it crashed to desktop. App error in event logs:rlmdwin10 dll. No driver crash.
Should i turn off xmp to check again or it was one off? I am running game again to see if it crashes again but after 4 hours no crash. Was: rl_rmdwin10_f.dll as fault in event viewer
Cpu and gpu is on stock. Only XMP on 3600 in gear 1.

PS
Karhu Ram Test for 1 hour no errors
HCI Memtest ( 24 instances 1225mb each ) no errors at 100% coverage,testing more. Thanks for opininon.

Associate
OP
Ok i made HCI MEMTEST for now. 1225 mb each instance. 24 instances like 24 threads. 800% no errors. But today crashed second time after 30 minutes. What can be wrong?

Man of Honour
Do other games run fine? It could be a problem with this game. Does it have any log files you can read (usually in my documents)?

Associate
I would put down to the game. When Battlefield V was released, even running all at stock I would get few crashes for no reason. Tried the game a year later and still behaving as such. Back then, another CPU and a newer/faster GPU, also a better PSU. 3 different CPUs and 4 different GPUs, now is fine. The only constant in my system is the RAM. Same 4 x 8GB DDR4 3200 8Pack.
Don’t know if still any issue about how Windows 10 manages the P and E cores or, even if in theory the 3600 XMP should be stable, for that game, at least for now, isn’t.
The only way I was able to play a bit of BFV before was dialling back the RAM a bit. For the other games, I used for ages it at 3600 using the 3600’s timings. No issues.

Associate
OP
Ok i went to windows 11 from windows 10. Problem is other now.
Game is minimalizing itself after 15 minutes maybe to desktop.Not crashing.
Like alt tab. But i am not touching anything. I dont have any apps on backgrouond installed.
All programs closed. What can it be?
Also focus assist i have to alarms in settings.I dont have any weird process in task manager. Any ideas?

Man of Honour
Ok i went to windows 11 from windows 10. Problem is other now.
Game is minimalizing itself after 15 minutes maybe to desktop.Not crashing.
Like alt tab. But i am not touching anything. I dont have any apps on backgrouond installed.
All programs closed. What can it be?
Also focus assist i have to alarms in settings.I dont have any weird process in task manager. Any ideas?

For me, I would press the windows button accidentally :o

Associate
OP
Control crashing randomly to desktop. App error in event logs:rlmdwin10 dll. No driver crash.
rl_rmdwin10_f.dll as fault in event viewer
Cpu and gpu is on stock. Only XMP on 3600 in gear 1.
No errors in Karhu Ram test. No errors in HCI MEMTEST. Other games no crashing. Only Control. I tried to windows 11 but still crashing.

I read somewhere to disable e-cores maybe?But i dont know how to do that.

On my previous platform with 10850K Control was not crashing. Now on 12900K crashing. Thx

Associate
OP
edit:I go to other level ,It stopped crashing repeatedly after i turned off Epic cloud saving and switch from borderles window to fullscreen again back to borderless and fullscreen (Some say just switching between those modes and back fixed theyr problems. Weird but worth a try)

But still crashing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom