Controlling rgb lighting

Associate
I use OpenRGB, I have setup a scheduled task to close it 1 minute after logging into Windows, it sets the RGB and then maintains it even after closing, which is nice as I don't have to have anything related to RGB running in the background :)

Last edited:
Associate
Oh but I unfortunately do have to run iCUE along side it for my AIO display. Agree about armoury crate, avoid unless absolutely necessary imo, which unfortunately it kind of is for a lot of their laptops. Really annoys me that Asus put a default setting in the BIOS to automatically install it, which you have to remember to disable after each BIOS update! It's the same on my Asus motherboard...

Last edited:
Associate
I use OpenRGB, I have setup a scheduled task to close it 1 minute after logging into Windows, it sets the RGB and then maintains it even after closing, which is nice as I don't have to have anything related to RGB running in the background :)
could you share your scheduled task code please..i would like to do this too.

Soldato
I don't get adverts from signal rgb
But yeah for what you want
No need to use a more complex software
Icue might work at same time as signal rgb
Probably just have to tell signal rgb not to close icue
If signal rgb finds a conflicting software
It will pop up asking what you want to do about it
Pretty sure there's an ignore this option

Associate
could you share your scheduled task code please..i would like to do this too.

I was going to paste the exported xml here but not sure if it would easily transfer over as some of the tags in the code appears unique to my machine (e.g. windows UserID)

I have it configured as following in task scheduler to kill the process 1 minute after logging in. Obviously just set OpenRGB to automatically start on boot and set the correct profile. Let me know if it doesn't work for you and I'll look at the XML route again or maybe screenshots...

General: 'Run only when user is logged on'

Trigger: At log on of any user
Action: Start a program
Delay task for 1 minute

Program/script: taskkill

Add arguments: /f /im "OpenRGB.exe"

Associate
I was going to paste the exported xml here but not sure if it would easily transfer over as some of the tags in the code appears unique to my machine (e.g. windows UserID)

I have it configured as following in task scheduler to kill the process 1 minute after logging in. Obviously just set OpenRGB to automatically start on boot and set the correct profile. Let me know if it doesn't work for you and I'll look at the XML route again or maybe screenshots...

General: 'Run only when user is logged on'

Trigger: At log on of any user
Action: Start a program
Delay task for 1 minute

Program/script: taskkill

Add arguments: /f /im "OpenRGB.exe"
thanks that worked like a charm.

Back
Top Bottom