cooking 2 joints at the same time

Soldato
I'm cooking for crowd on Sunday so I'll have to cook 2 legs of lamb. How do I calculate the cooking time? Double it, stay the same (as one leg) or one and a half times?

Soldato
If it's a half-decent oven, even one and a half times is gonna be too long. Best add about 15 mins to the cooking time, and keep an eye on it after that.

Soldato
If you're using a convection oven, the two joints will take the same amount of time to cook, as one joint would. However, if you're using a conventional gas oven, or similar, you'd probably have to add ~45 minutes to the cooking time.

Remember, every oven is different, and you'll need to check in order to ensure the joints don't burn.

Caporegime
id do sametime then +20 but keep an eye on it.

i got a joint in the fridge, i cuddle it just before i goto bed, hurry come Sunday so i can rejoice in our Lords resurection with an orgy of dead baby Ovine

Caporegime
Similar scenario here, two shoulders of lamb cooked at 130C for four hours with a meat thermometer. Luscious crispy fat and juicy tender meat! 3Kg of the stuff. Not sure what everyone else is going to eat!

Back
Top Bottom