Cooking nando's chicken at home!?

Associate
Ok, complete cooking noob here. I want to start taking my own meals to work on weekends (chicken and rice). I've bought a load of chicken breasts and Im gonna cook them and freeze them and thaw em out day before work etc.

I've bought some nando's peri peri sauce 'hot' - do I apply this to the chicken BEFORE or AFTER cooking them? The bottle doesn't say.

Cheers!

Associate
OP
Here's a recipe I use regularly for peri peri chicken. Home made is far nicer than the stuff you get in Nandos :)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YI_LVosFZ-xRRlC587I9d_0BHnJPMAK4MSlIkBtjbjw/edit?usp=sharing

If you're using the pre-bought sauce then I would apply before *and* after cooking for best results.

Thanks dude, I'll try that recipe in the next batch I cook up. Yeah I've already bought the sauce so may aswell use it up.

Just spread a thin covering over each chicken breast before going in the oven? Hopefully willy stop it from drying up too much!

Associate
OP
Haha my bad on the typo, thats worrying, did I subconsciously write that? :O

Id marinade them for a day or so, but the chicken has a best before date of tomorrow and I daren't risk it haha.

What I'll have to do is add some sauce before cooking (now) and then freeze them once cooked. When I thaw them out for work I'll add a bit more sauce before dumping them in the lunch box.

As long as I know I can add the sauce before oven cooking thats fine, didn't want it to go all burnt and such like.

Back
Top Bottom