1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooking Neapolitan Pizzas with the Uuni 3

Discussion in 'La Cuisine' started by Loki, 12 Jan 2019.

1. rG-tom

Capodecina

I don't want a wooden peel, and every single thing I can find says that perforated peels are hugely better for launching than smooth - less flour ends up in the oven and the pizza glides far easier

2. 200sols

Sgarrista

I use wooden peels for launching in my wood oven, never had a pizza stick. Also use semolina not normal flour.

3. jpaul

Capodecina

aliexpress ?, if I really wanted a perforated peel https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001830955364.html wouldn't pay ooni >£50

Eating cold (homemade) pizza - I don't do reheats, but best kept out of the fridge though ? otherwise dough never recovers ?

not even kfc toppings can shock me since this People have just discovered strawberry on pizza

4. 200sols

Sgarrista

Some people just like the traditional stuff. I would hardly consider KFC to be a quality food so it wont make quality pizza for me anyway.

5. robj20

Capodecina

Each to their own, don't see what's not high enough quality with coated chicken that it would ruin a pizza!

6. EH75

Hitman

I've seen people who have taken a normal peel and drilled lots of holes in it to create their own perforated peel. Depends how much you can be bothered with that tbh.

7. rG-tom

Capodecina

definitely cant be bothered with that for the sake of 30 quid :D ordered an ooni one.

8. jpaul

Capodecina

DIY ? you'd be deburring holes to hell, they need to be punched. ... I think you could probably buy a sheet and attach a handle.

9. beachBOYken

Capodecina

Any nice toppings people can recommend, I'm starting to make my own pizza more and more now, didn't have much in fridge but made a pepperoni with a few black olives and mozzarella.

Anyone have there favourites they can share, I often default to peperoni as can't think of anything else:D

10. chroniclard

Capodecina

Still waiting for shipment of oven. I WANT PIZZA! :(

11. robj20

Capodecina

Generally i try anything and everything that's to hand. Left over KFC was nice, as was leftover tandoori chicken, tuna and sweetcorn is a family favourite, I've even had spam and leftover roast dinner. Just be careful if you do any toppings other than Mozzerella and basil you'll be looked down on.

12. beachBOYken

Capodecina

Thanks, tuna and sweetcorn sounds nice topping to try, not sure about the rest:D. When I was making my toppings before I would always use grated cheddar cheese and mozzarella, I found that I don't need the grated cheese, just the mozz will do.

13. 200sols

Sgarrista

Tuna and sweetcorn is good although the Italians don't like fish and cheese.

14. robj20

Capodecina

Funny had loads of Tuna pizzas in Sorrento and Amalfi, best one I've ever had was in Amalfi.

15. SoliD

Capodecina

I usually try to go through whatever Italian deli meats they have in tesco/sainsbury etc. Grab some nduja (was in my local Lidl this evening) if you can find some, can't beat some caramelised onions and peppers for a veggie one.

16. jpaul

Capodecina

lidl has (generic) nduja ? would have picked some up, was in there today, their chocolate's good
    or, do you mean a pesto mix, that google is showing me https://www.sacla.co.uk/products/sacla-nduja-pesto.

on the other hand, was wondering if yesterdays diced dominoes pizza would make a good topping will it blend

17. SoliD

Capodecina

Nope spreadable nduja in their Italian range.

18. mid_gen

Capodecina

Nduja is the kind of pizza toppings. A little pepperoni, some red onions, few dabs of mozzarella.....lush.

19. randomshenans

Capodecina

Nduja is absolutely king! We eat it on pizza, pasta, scrambled eggs... anything you can think of it's amazing with!

20. 200sols

Sgarrista

Nduja and ricotta is amazing, put the ricotta on after cooking the pizza.