1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooking Neapolitan Pizzas with the Uuni 3

Discussion in 'La Cuisine' started by Loki, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Rotty

Don

Ok will try other one at some point thanks

2. RobTi

Hitman

thanks off to have a look

3. peige

Mobster

Used the recipe on page 1 on my bbq last night (sorry Uuni owners)

Worked a treat, everyone enjoyed theirs. I was able to cook 2 at a time (200g balls of dough) and each cook took 3 minutes. Not a feisty as a Uuni oven but then its not the only thing it can do :)

Lots of good recipes here, thanks everyone.

[​IMG]

4. jpaul

Sgarrista

good stuff - it's a kamado lid we can see, no ? ... you have the pizza stone ? and I forget, is there a mod of some kind
    I'm still saving ... earlier thread

5. peige

Mobster

Yes, cooked on a wild Goose Kamado (currently 500 from the greenhouse people) Cooked on the pizza stone, no mods. Doing a standard burgers and chicken bbq tonight :)

6. Loki

Asus Rep

Pizza Margherita
    [​IMG]

Pizza made with Tomato and Mozzarella base, topped with Prosciutto, Rocket and Honey infused with chilli flakes

[​IMG]

Mozzarella, Spicy Nduja, Shallots

[​IMG]

Ragu topping with Parmesan and Peccorino

[​IMG]

7. Brian The Snail

Gangster

^^ Good God!

8. Loki

Asus Rep

Good god good? Or good god bad?

9. Brian The Snail

Gangster

Good. Soooooo very good.

10. robj20

Sgarrista

They look good, except the one with a bowl of salad chucked on it. Lol

11. jpaul

Sgarrista

what did you add that gave the strong yellow tinge on several pictures ? I had tried grated mature (=acid) cheddar in the past which appears like that, but, it seems to melt too easily ... I don't think its olive oil ..
    The crusting/scaling on the dough too, probably good for the texture ... were the bases prepared in advance ?

(yes - the salad+ham wasn't a topping in the oven )

12. Regy53

Mobster

mrs did 1kg of flour yesterday on a 24 hour fridge cure

dough is so easy to use at this level. Using Ooni 3 with gas.

heres a before and after of my own... (always the best ;)

[​IMG]Untitled by Ross c, on Flickr

and with a bit of rocket

13. Loki

Asus Rep

hmmm not too sure actually. I don't use Cheddar on Pizza so don't think it's the cheese. I do put some oil on the Margherita so maybe that.

Bases are not prepared in advance but the dough is. For example, that was started on Tuesday evening. Then cold fermented until Saturday. Makes a huge difference to crust and flavour of the base

14. Rofflay

Mobster

Damm those pizzas look incredible. Well done all i am going to think long and hard about an Uuni or Ooni Pro. £500 is a lot of cash for pizza but i have a supplier who was supplying all the county and it was delicious. I can only imagine how good it would be to buy bulk from them and sit out the back with a 500c oven.

Does anyone ever pre cook the topping a bit though? I personally like the black spots on my Salami alongside the crust i had thought about first putting in the dough for a few seconds then putting on the rest.

15. Rotty

Don

made some dough for today using measurements from pizza app, it used a fraction of yeast I have used in past, its only risen about 2.5x as opposed to ab0out 5x in past

do you think its ok or should I do some emergency quick stuff for later today?

16. NiCkNaMe

Mobster

Any offers on these at the moment ? Could have sworn I saw them for around the 160-180 mark recently? Also, is gas worth it? I generally like the smell/smokey flavour of wood but imagine this isn't as convenient?

17. tom_nieto

Capodecina

The gas addition would be ideal if you already have a gas fired BBQ. If not, other than the crazy price of the wood pellets, it probably isn’t worth getting it as the oven lights and gets to temperature extremely quickly.

18. NiCkNaMe

Mobster

Cheers Tom.

Going to go for the wood one, but want it for the weekend. Can get it from the rainforest on next day for £199 - but without pellets. All of the official Ooni pellets are either out of stock or not able to get delivered until next week.

Any other pellet recommendations that may be available from local stores?

19. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

i've already recommended pellets in this thread which are £4 for 10kg. whereas i believe official one is like £20 for 10kg.

https://www.wolseley.co.uk/product/balcas-brites-wood-pellet--non-trade-10-kg/

i bought 2 of these last year in preparation for this summer. i managed to buy them using trade discount somehow must have been a link so look through the thread for it.

they were like £4 a bag or possibly £4.50 for 10kg.

10kg is enough i would say for 20 hours of use. it depends a lot on the wind though. i found the more windy it was the more they burned quicker.

20. NiCkNaMe

Mobster

Nice one - can collect those tomorrow from local stores.

Doesn't mention food grade - but given you're recommending sounds like you've found them ok?