Cool games using Roomscale?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Just curious about this.

I primarily play sim type games, i.e. DCS, Elite, Arma etc, which is why I chose a Rift as I got the impression it better suited seated games.

I regularly look on RoadtoVR, but still haven't really seen anything that seems to make use of Roomscale that genuinely stands out. Now that's probably due to my personal preference in game types. For all that, what's everyone else's view on what's really cool?
My assumption is that we're taking about RPGs, FPS and similar. Oh, one thing, "teleport", sounds like a truly awful idea, so I'd rather avoid those games. I've tried Alien Isolation recently, and that works fine in 1st person view with keyboard and mouse as controller.

Soldato
FPS stuff like Pavlov for example requires 360 tracking alongside thumbstick movement.
There's a mod for Robo Recall that lets you run around.
Most games that feature teleport usually allow you to use roomscale movement alongside it anyway.

Try the teleport thing before slating or avoiding it out of preconceived principle. It might not be as awful as you think.

Try Robo Recall or a quest in Rec Room and see what you think. You can still use roomscale in either.

Associate
I've played very little that I'd genuinely call roomscale. Most stuff that classes itself as that seems to mean 360 degrees with a bit of room to dodge about if needed.

Oddly, the one thing that springs to mind is Final Approach. Although it's basically Flight Control in VR, it plays really well and actually scales the play size to your guardian boundary. It's a really fun game so don't overlook it, though maybe wait for a sale as it was ridiculously cheap in the last one.

Associate
It's an episodic style game but The Gallery Episode 1 call of the starseed is a game with huge potential. Great visuals, amazing music, and from where episode 1 leaves off its got a lot of promise.

Maybe give that one a try.

L33

L33

Permabanned
If you like Arma, check out Onward - it is the closest thing and is very immersive at roomscale (or 360) especially when in a firefight and needing to crouch behind cover, leaning out from cover, going prone etc.

Back
Top Bottom