Cooler advice

Associate
I’m building a rig to my brother, similar to mine. Asus X570-f, Ryzen 3600, 4x8GB 8pack 3200, Samsung 970 evo. The difference is he is going air cooled. Any advice for quiet cooler which doesn’t block the RAM and something that may help cooling the VRM and the M.2?
I was previously using a dark rock pro 3, which was very good, but was too close to the RAM, and didn’t helped much for the VRM.
The case is an Enthoo Primo, good airflow.
Appreciate the suggestions.

Soldato
I use a Dark Rock 4 non pro on my 2600X I wanted it because I wanted a silent, nice looking plain black cooler and it is just that. No ram interference on my MSI Pro Carbon

Soldato
A lot depends on how much you want to spend.
Your mobo center CPU to near side of PCIe socket is 85.7mm and 51.6mm to near side of RAM socket. With Primo having 207mm CPU clearance you have plenty of room for most if not all large coolers. Only potential problem would be tall RAM. Corsair Vengeance LPX is 38mm tall making it 33mm above top of CPU so front fan on a larger cooler will fit above RAM with no problems.

Alpenfohn Matterhorn Pure is only £33.95 with 6x heatpipes, and is 138x123x158mm in size with stock 1x 120mm fan. Great little cooler with very low price. Everything else is more expensive .. unless you find one used.

Associate
OP
I use a Dark Rock 4 non pro on my 2600X I wanted it because I wanted a silent, nice looking plain black cooler and it is just that. No ram interference on my MSI Pro Carbon
My solution when using the Dark Rock Pro 3 was to use the fan, the one close to the RAM, a bit offset, higher. Not ideal for OCD, but was usable. Unable to tell if moving the second fan 2 or 3 mm higher would affect noise or performance.
About RGB, I would happily avoid anything with blinking lights.

Back
Top Bottom