Cooler for 2700x

Soldato
I have upgraded from the 1700 to a 2700x. Its in a small case and I didn't realise the stock 2700x cooler, Wraith Prism would be taller than the 1700 cooler so it cant fit it in my case. I am currently using the original 1700 Wraith Spire cooler on the 2700x at the moment.

Can someone recommend a cooler for the 2700x which is the same dimension as the Wraith Spire cooler? I would keep Wraith Spire cooler but I want to sell the 1700 on.

Soldato
I have upgraded from the 1700 to a 2700x. Its in a small case and I didn't realise the stock 2700x cooler, Wraith Prism would be taller than the 1700 cooler so it cant fit it in my case. I am currently using the original 1700 Wraith Spire cooler on the 2700x at the moment.

Can someone recommend a cooler for the 2700x which is the same dimension as the Wraith Spire cooler? I would keep Wraith Spire cooler but I want to sell the 1700 on.
What Grnadmaster Fap! asked. It's almost impossible to suggest coolers that will fit without at least knowing what case you have. Knowing RAM and motherboard is also often helpful.

Soldato
With that small a case that only has room for 3x 80mm fans it is going to be almost impossible to get good enough airflow for relatively high heat components.

As for coolers that will fit, OcUK is out of the normal C7 and only has the copper one costing almost twice as much. C7 fan cannot be turned over stock, but there are aftermarket mounts so fan can be mounted to draw air up and away from motherboard. There are other good small coolers for less money. If case vent is directly above CPU the Phanteks PH-TC120LS is 73mm tall but I don't know if it will fit between RAM and CPU. If it will fit it can draw air directing from vent .. or turn fan over and have it exhausting the heated air coming off of CPU directly out the vent.

Other coolers like Noctua L9 will probably fit but be sure it has AM4 mount because not all do, and if it is not included you can get one free from Noctua. Link below has AM4 mount.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/noctua-nh-l9x65-se-am4-low-profile-cpu-cooler-hs-03a-nc.html

Soldato
They are good little coolers. If temps seem a little warm try turning the fan over so it's pulling air away from motherboard instead of pushing toward it. I've found this almost always gives lower CPU temps.

Back
Top Bottom