Cooler replacement for Gigabyte r7 360 oc

Associate
Hello,
Recently I've bought a r7 360 from Gigabyte It came with a woobling fan, so I need a replacement. Only fans that will fit are from China so I am more into buying a whole cooler. Someone knows what will fit?

Associate
OP
I bought is used, and dont think that I ll be able to just send it back, that not-nice-person that sold me it claims that it was fully functional when she send it. Curious. So am looking for posibilities, if I wont be able to resend it. Any help with that ?

Soldato
Pretty sure you can use the serial number for Gigabyte RMA. (but this will be from manufacturing date so may be out of warranty any way)

Arctic Cooling do some coolers that will fit your card.

Or you could try taking the shroud and fan off and cable tie a case fan onto the heatsink.
Will not be pretty and you will have to run it off a motherboard fan header but it should work.

Associate
OP
I finally got the fan ! But one thing troubles me, the original is a 3 pin, I i bought a 4 pin...
Will it work ?

Soldato
I finally got the fan ! But one thing troubles me, the original is a 3 pin, I i bought a 4 pin...
Will it work ?
A 3 pin fan is likely having its voltage regulated, whereas a 4 pin fan usually is regulated with a PWM signal on the fourth wire. It may still work if you wire the new fan to the old plug. Here's how to check:

Take a battery (ideally 9V as the fan is designed to run off up to 12V) and some length of stiff wire. Paperclips can do if you don't have solid core wire. Connect the battery to the 3 pin fan in every combination until it spins up. Note which pin on the plug is positive and which is negative connection. Now do the same for the 4-pin plug. These wires need connecting together. You will need to figure out which remaining wire is the RPM feedback wire. Try looking up "GPU 4 pin fan pinout".

Associate
OP
Replacing the cable seems like the only thing to do :( I hope it works, it will be very difficult to sell a card that has a case fan attached to it. Maybe some really budget gamers would do that.

Soldato
I have a bodge job my current GPU, one fan failed and another seized up, the third one worked but was taking all the slack. Went with a deep, careful clean and oiling up the fans(turbine oil), left it for days to dry out but ended up no better off. Was going to go down the route of sourcing some replacement fans but decided to remove the shroud(leaving the heatsink in place) instead and cable tie on spare 140mm case fans(they're a bit too big, but work) which i've hooked upto the case's fan controller. My only regret is not having done it sooner, the GPU runs quieter and cooler now than it ever has.

I honestly wish GPUs could move to a more standard and universal fan setup that allowed people to swap out the fans more readily/easily with whichever they choose and used a more standard fan connector.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I ve already smacked a case fan to the gpu and it works great, but the thing is without the cooler the gpu will be almost imposible to sell, and I m planning to replace it in the near future. I ll just try to fine someone to solder the wire from the broken fan, if it works, it works, if not it doesnt even matter.

Back
Top Bottom