Coolermaster ATCS 840

Associate
Do any forum members have this case and can share their views on it?

I was looking at it for a replacement to my Eclipse but see it only has feet not wheels although it might be possible to drill through the feet and fit wheels to it.

Wanted it as seems to give better cooling than the Eclipse. Looked at the Corsair but only has 4 hdd slots - although hot swaps are a nice touch.

Associate
I'm pleased with my ATCS 840 and had it for a while now. It has tons of space and the dust filters are excellent.

I do have a couple of problems with the case, although nothing too bad. My cats love sitting on top of it so I had to disconnect the reset switch and sort out the power button in windows. After a few dodgy cat reboots action was needed.

The other problem I have is my black case is now turning bronze due to sunlight in my living room. I wish I got the silver one now.

Soldato
I love this case. I bought it recently to house my new rig. Lots of space, and the case is very sleek and sexy looking. Build quality is excellent.

Overall, I would highly recommend this case. If there is anything else you want to know, just ask.

Associate
I just bought one of these. Haven't had time to build the PC yet so it's half filling the sitting room at present in its plastic bag. It is HUGE.

This is the second one I had delivered - the first was damaged by the courier. It is only shipped in what I consider to be a flimsy cardboard box. The second was fine - and OC to be fair arranged collection the next day after I reported the damage, accepted the fault the day after and had arranged delivery for a replacement on the third working day after my complaint. That is they collected the old one, accepted my complaint and delivered a replacement within 3 working days.

The only thing I don't like the look of, is the logo on the front. Otherwise first impressions are of a solid, spacious, easy to work with case.

Associate
I got a picture of my cats abusing the top fans. Also gives you an idea of the size of the case. You can also see where the black is changing colour due to the sun. The new colour is growing on me now.

dsc00961g.jpg

Excuse the dusty paw prints :( The case is a joy to work on. Installing a system is so easy and cable management rocks.

Soldato
I got a picture of my cats abusing the top fans. Also gives you an idea of the size of the case. You can also see where the black is changing colour due to the sun. The new colour is growing on me now.

dsc00961g.jpg

Excuse the dusty paw prints :( The case is a joy to work on. Installing a system is so easy and cable management rocks.

Brilliant photo mate. And I have to agree, the case is indeed lovely to work on =)

Going to cable manage mine a bit better soon. Very good for doing it though.

Associate
OP
Been reading some reviews and people have commented on the two top fans causing noise and the front one pulling air out of the case before it's had a chance to cool anything down.

Hmm not so sure now - might go for a Lian Li instead - possibly the PC-A71F ?

Nice cats!

Last edited:
Associate
I wouldn't say the top fans are that noisy to be honest. I was thinking of replacing mine with 3 x Noctuas mainly to have spares if the front dies. I have fitted 2 Noctua 9 blades behind the hard drive bay. There is no chance of air coming out the front of my case.

Inside I'm very pleased with temps. At the moment with the sun on the case I'm running 32c mobo and 29 to 32c over 4 cores. My hard drive temps dropped 10c from my old P180.

Soldato
Been reading some reviews and people have commented on the two top fans causing noise and the front one pulling air out of the case before it's had a chance to cool anything down.

Hmm not so sure now - might go for a Lian Li instead - possibly the PC-A71F ?

Nice cats!

I don't know how the front fan could pull air out the case. It is an intake fan for a start. Also, the two top fans aren't that loud at all. I will soon be adding two 120mm fans behind my hard drives, to move the air coming into the case a bit more.

It is an excellent case this.

Associate
OP
Perhaps I should rephrase that - I meant the front fan of the 2 that are on the top of the case pulling cold air out (like it should) but the air is being pulled out before it has had a chance to cool the cpu/mobo.

Anyways I have decided to get the black one - if the front top fan is a problem then I'll just disconnect it.

Going to put some wheels on it - far easier to move around - surprised Coolermaster doesn't include any for such an expensive case.

Associate
i have this case and its great, loads of space and looks awsome. the fans and dust filters are great no dust in there yet.

really easy to build my pc in to this case with the removable mobo tray

100_1172.jpg

100_1180.jpg

Back
Top Bottom